Stretch marks

Options
Mandyraeday
Mandyraeday Posts: 6 Member
Anyone know of anything that gets rid of stretch marks?

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    time, cocoa butter, and lucky genetics
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    As far as I am aware, nothing short of plastic surgery. I still have all of mine from puberty. They're white now, but definitely there.
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    I had a couple little ones on my hips when I was younger - they're pretty much not at all noticeable now.
    I haven't done anything in particular, but I moisturise twice a day with cocoa butter so that might be helping.
    Also I don't know how good it is in getting rid of, but bio oil helps prevent them quite well I've heard.

And fake tan ;)

xx
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I hear Bio Oil is good, but I've never used it personally so I can't offer any experience.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    They won't go away completely but they do fade so they won't be noticeable.
    Any moisturizers with vitamin e and time.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Looking at your profile Mandy you are only 22, so the stretch marks have lots of time to fade over time as you lose weight. You don`t have to buy any special cream or potion. anything that has a big price tag is not going to work any better than baby oil or cocoa butter (sadly)

Just try your best to keep up with the losing weight, exercising and just rub some baby oil/cocoa butter on your skin to keep it moisturised or feeling soft. There is no tests to show any of it works but it is not going to make it worse x

A lot of women and men have stretch marks. My son when he was 17 had stretch marks on his bum..not sure if they have gone any better now he is 26 yet lol!