Journaling

Options
HI, new to this. Anyhoo, just discovered the joys of keeping a food journal. Used to find it quite annoying until a recent light bulb moment. Keeping a journal is like talking to yourself. However, if you talk out loud to yourself, you'll creep out people. So, journals are much safer. It's like keeping crazy in private and legit manner. Cool.

Replies

• Krickette_16
    Options
    It is truely an eye opener. I myself never realized exactly how much nor exactly what I was eating until I started journaling. It makes me much more aware and helps me to stay on track when I honestly and faithfully journal. Now as far as talking out loud to myself, I actually love it! Especially when someone will come up and just stand there waiting cause they actually think youare talking to someone. lol
  • haileyco
    haileyco Posts: 68
    Options
    i love the food diary. if i don't write it down everyday, then i get off track. writing down what you eat makes you realize what is worth the calories. i was amazed to learn what the calorie and fat of some of the foods i used to eat regularly was!!!! it is a great tool, makes you have to stop and think and make decisions, good or bad.
  • joannw
    joannw Posts: 2
    Options
    Journaling what I eat has helped me so much. I started this diet on Feb. 26 and I have lost 14 pounds to date. I could not have done this without logging my every move into this program. I also have it as an ap on my Iphone so I can write no matter where I am which also helps alot. I find myself talking outloud even as I am journaling. Lucky I have an office to myself so no one can hear me.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you wear a blue tooth (the ear phone thing) you can talk to yourself all ya want and no one will be the wiser. Oh and I like the pic I'm a huge tina turner fan.
  • 100x2xLose
    Options
    It makes a huge difference! I find it's great because it keeps me accountable.

It's so easy to say to yourself "Oh, I'll just have these ice cream sandwiches... it's not like anyone will know the difference, right?" But then you have to go and face your journal, and it gives you disapproving looks. Well, not literally...

Seriously, seeing that number decrease over the course of a day really helps me to zone in on what I want. Do I want that giant cookie, or do I want to close down my food journal knowing I met my goal?
  • brownsugar2010
    Options
    I love your quote Krikette--. It's so true it hurts just reading it. Ouch!