Exercise DVDS!!

Options
hello all!
Id just like to praise exercise DVDs for my weight loss!
i dont enjoy running as i find it boring and get really self consious at the gym so i love doing exercise DVDs
*you get privacy doing it in your own home
*they are cheap and sooo popular that variety is not an issue
* the skiiny celeb in them gives you motivation
* they are funny

whats not to love?...

anyone know any good ones? my favourite is Nell Mcandrew Ultimate challenge Ultimate results (very army like!!)

Replies

• Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Hi! I love them too! I rely on them alot because I have two young kids (3 and 1) so I can't always make it to the gym. I like the BeachBody DVDs alot. I have Turbo Jam and Insanity. Also if you've never been to Collagevideo.com, it is a great site that reviews the DVDs and lets you see a clip from them. They ship fast too and it's cheap. Lastly, I have the Zumba DVDs so much fun if you like to dance. Good luck and I hope this helps ; )
  • moniera
    moniera Posts: 9
    Options
    the jillian michaels 30day shred is good too.. but its only 20 minutes .. so you kinda hav e to do two of them back to back.

:)
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    p90x baby
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I really like the Jackie Warner DVD-- the first one she released. I go to the gym a lot and have found that a lot of workout DVDs are not as challenging as classes at the gym, but this one is tough! Definitely a good choice for experienced exercisers who can't make it to the gym some days.

I have a lot of the Jillian workouts, too, and like Shred and Trouble Spots. I want to try her new yoga DVD-- has anyone done it? I think it just came out.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones and Biggest Loser Jump Start are my faves right now. I have a big stack of them because I'm addicted!

Biggest Loser Power Sculpt
    Biggest Loser Cardio Max
    Biggest Loser Bootcamp
    Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout
    Core Rhythms
    Walk Away the Pounds
    10 Minute Cardio Kickbox
    Slim in 6
    Jillian Michaels Metabolism Boost
    Crunch Hip Hop

I'd love to hear about others that I should add to my ever-growing collection...
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My husband (along with our 3 year old daughter) did THREE hours of P90X yesterday! When I got home from Tae Kwon Do class last night, my daughter had to show off the new plyometrics moves that she learned yesterday. They are just so cute together.

My husband is a P90X die-hard. But I'm addicted to Tae Bo. I just love kicking and punching!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think the P90X are fantastic and he is so corny it is hilarious. The funniest one is the plyometrics by far. I crack up everytime. Just got done sweating to that in fact!
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    www.nrgfitness.net
    www.cathe.com
    www.coffeyfit.com
    wwwtotalfitnessdvds.com
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I really like Denise Austin Boot Camp and of course, who can forget the Zumba dvds. :love:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    like Jillian michaels videos and also do the wii fit 30 minute run
  • alohaleid
    Options
    Where can you get the Zumba DVDs? Thanks for your ideas!
  • alohaleid
    Options
    Cindy Crawford: The Next Challenge Workout - an oldie but a GREATY!!! This will work your arms, back, butt and abs!!

I am also getting to know

The Tracy Anderson Method - it focuses on building lean dancer's muscles. It looks easy but it's not!

:)
  • claire76bear
    Options
    I've been doing exercise DVD's twice a week.

My favourite and recommended one is the new Hannah Waterman (UK) - its very intense and you sweat buckets. It gets your heart racing with interval training so it burns more calories than just doing aerobics.
  • flipchickmc
    flipchickmc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love JM's 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones & Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Turbo Jam! It's a great 45 minute workout that really gets your heart pumping and it's a lot of fun.
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Hi! I got the Zumba DVDs from an infomercial a while back but you can get them from Zumba.com for 59.95. It has several workouts. 5 I think total and Zumba Toning Sticks. So much fun! LOVE IT!
  • atauds
    atauds Posts: 41
    Options
    I get a really good workout from P90X and I just got the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL), which is also by Beachbody. Did the first workout and I was really sweating, and not like the usual sweat from P90X. I liked it, lots of movement and rhythm, time goes by quickly.
  • jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love JM's 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones & Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism.

Same thing on my list..plus the Zumba...