Any success stories of 50 pounds?

Options

Replies

• mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have lost 52 pounds. I had lost 10 on my own and another 42 on MFP. I started dieting in November 2012 and started working out in mid December.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am at a total of 61 lbs lost. It took me around a year, but I wasn't as active as I could have been. However, it is a great feeling to know that you lost 50 lbs and for someone like me who still has more to lose, you look at that first 50 as an inspiration.
  • RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70 since July. You can see a picture in my blog post. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/purplkid/view/i-can-see-it-476550
    I still have a long way to go, but I've gotten to about 1/3 of the way there.
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    these are all so inspiriing! I am looking forward to getting to this point myself!
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    So far I am almost 12 months in and 61.8lbs down. Also down about 60 inches overall.
    Was about 20lbs overweight before my pregnancy and decided to get busy a couple of months after delivering.
    I'm about 13lbs from my first goal.
    It could have been achieved much sooner but life happens and roadblocks occur -- don't let them deter you; just handle your business and get back to it!

Best wishes :)
  • Clemsonmom
    Clemsonmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Enjoy reading these stories!
  • Nirlbou
    Nirlbou Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lost 85 lbs over the last 3 years, but have put on a good 30-35lbs of muscle too. If you ever feel like what your doing isn't working.. document it, adjust it, set a new 8 week goal and go for it. it will all fall off before you know it. The hardest part of it is telling your family No, and your friends No, and your co workers No.
    My biggest hurdle was my environment, I started planing my meals a week out, made my own dinners, and refused to eat out, At first i offered to cook for them. They would eat it, then sneak off and eat a 2nd dinner, then one day they just stopped taken the offer.

I started cooking some things for the whole week then freezing them in the right portions(grilled chiken exct). Cant get into that second helping if its still frozen.

Now. my family fends for themselves, except on cheat day, which i alternate between family night, and friend night.
  • beautyandabeat12
    Options
    bump (sorry i just want to read more success stories haha:smile: )
  • MissL5
    MissL5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ryannyberg
    ryannyberg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm down 41 pounds. Since mid August.

EDIT: since reading a few of the stories I thought I would add to mine. My son was born in June of 2012. That got me started on quiting smoking. After that I was told that I had high blood pressure 178 over 145. My weight was 229 I ate out at fast food daily and of course had high cholosterol levels. My doctor told me point blank I had to be on medication just to keep from having a heart attack. So I did a lifestyle change. Anything that was preprocessed foods was gone including fast food. I made my lunches a week in advance so no excuse. I also got up early tried working out at first 10 minutes and then made my breakfast. Now 5 months and 41 pounds later getting up at 5 am isn't bad. My blood pressure last measured 118 over 72 choloestrol level down but still high. Getting off the blood pressure medication. I get up in the morning now and working out to P90X dvd's isn't as hard and I can get through an entire workout. Also pant size down from 38's and 40's to 32's. Still have about 10 to 15 pounds to lose want to get to the 175 to 180 range. But weighed in this morning at 188. So a little ways to go but I figure a month or more and should be there and just the maintenace.

Best part of this is that I will be there someday to walk my daughter down the isle and see my son graduate.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Me!!! To read about it check out my MFP blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JoniBologna/view/one-year-50lbs-lost-pics-240358

Almost two years later, and I'm about to run my first half marathon and am in better shape than ever!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I want to be...
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs since July 2012. I dropped all grains, all sugars, processed foods...started eating a low carb, high fat clean paleo diet. I stopped drinking wine with dinner every night and my weekly trip to the pub for drinks with friends. Started exercising--I train with kettlebells and lift heavy weights. I also walk everywhere. That's about it, I guess!

It's not been a struggle for me at all...I just sort of made those changes and have stuck with them, save the random indulgence here and there. I really enjoy the way I eat, love my workouts, and have just felt SO MUCH BETTER in pretty much every way you could imagine. I've steadily lost weight and have changed the composition of my body a whole lot in a very short period of time.

^Similar story to mine in regards to how long I've been here and how I eat. Firstly, I did it for my health and a long list of serious health problems are now GONE, and that happened in the first month after changing my diet. My weight loss is a nice side effect and totally effortless. I NEVER struggle with hunger now, and that's quite an achievement for someone who had binge eating disorder and food addictions. High fat/low carb was the only solution for me, and due to the way I feel, and the quality of the food I eat (I had steak and crab legs tonight) this way of eating is TOTALLY a life long commitment. I love it.

Edit: I have lost 50 pounds now but I "weigh in" on Wednesdays. :smile:
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    Commenting but will be back when I check the date of my 50 lb mark. So, bump.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I've lost 57...it has taken me almost 1 year, but I have been in maintenance since about July~letting my body become accustomed to this new normal. I am getting ready to start again and see if year #2 can be as successful as year #1. I am betting it can!

Check my profile for more info!
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    Okay, so I started eating better on September 12th, 2012. According to my diary I lost 50 pounds by December 22nd, 2012. As of today I'm down 66 pounds.

The best advice I can give you is eat healthy, watch your calories like a hawk, and exercise. I won't lie, I hadn't really exercised a whole lot at that point. I did power walk sometimes. But I have been extremely diligent about my calorie intake this whole time. The past few weeks I've incorporated some exercises at least 4 times a week, because I don't want lose skin and I want to look tone and awesome when I get to my goal weight. I eat healthy, I drink my water, I exercise and I'm happy. I fully believe it's mind over matter... If you believe you can accomplish it, you will.

Invest in measuring cups and pay close attention to serving sizes. Stay far away from fast food, deep fried and excessive sugar. You can do it! :-)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have lost 52lbs. I was 261lbs, I now weigh 209lbs. Just 25 more pounds to go until I reach my goal weight of 185. :-)
  • viridianasan
    viridianasan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I needed to read these stories!! Had a bad weekend :/
  • beautyandabeat12
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!