wondering how many cal i need to eat

Options
Was wondering if u new i can't find a answer according to alot of sites i burn between 6000-8000cal a day with work and working out and i think that is why I'm always tired is i eat only 2000 cal does that sound about right please help if u no

Replies

• MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If you're really burning that much you should probably eat more.

Most people agree that you should eat back at least SOME of your exercise calories.

Just make sure it's healthy things and not junkfood.
  • misssmarita
    Options
    MFP actually calculates it for you. When you sign up, input your activiy level and your goals, the calorie goal it gives you is with your goal of weight loss/gain/maintainance in mind. MFP does want you to eat back all your exercise calories, but you don't have to, all that happens if you don't is that you lose more weight than you set out as your goal. If you're quite a *husky* guy, and you work out a lot, I would say you could eat 3000 calories a day, easy. But again, it depends on your current weight, your fitness regime, and your goals.

GOOD LUCK!
  • ZeldaFlower
    Options
    Here are a couple things to note:
    * The reason why you're tired is you don't have enough energy. You can get more by eating more food.
    * If you don't eat enough, your exercise will be in vain. You won't gain any more muscle mass-- you might actually be deteriorating your muscles instead (source: my friend who lifts weights).
    * Like misssmarita said, just plug in your exercise and it'll tell you how much of what to eat a day.
    * If you find you cannot eat that much, either your exercise was inputted wrong (like for bench presses, maybe the bar weighs less than you thought), or you need to eat more small meals throughout the day.
    * If you're still hungry, your exercise was inputted wrong (maybe the bar weighs more than you thought).

Good luck! :)