Dancers???

Options
Hi! Wondering if there's anyone out there that was a dancer/ is a dancer/ plans to dance again? I danced professionally for about 20 years then had some bad health issues for a few years now I'm working on getting back to my self.

Would love to connect with some people that we might share dance in common with - I did everything from ballet to go-go to hip hop to tap to jazz.
I'm also short - 5'2". :)

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I'm 5'2 as well.

I've done all sorts of dancing in my life - lots of ballet when I was younger, some tap and stage stuff, and now I'm in my 50s I've taken up Scottish Country Dancing, which is great fun.

My daughter is training to be a professional dancer - she's just started at London Contemporary Dance School.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Thank you! :)
    Congrats to your daughter too! That must be really fun & exciting!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Ha, a lot of hard work it appears! 6 hours of dancing and body conditioning classes every day. I think she's far too thin, but she has a hearty appetite.
  • spamantha57
    Options
    Yeah when I was younger & in itty-bitty-ballerina mode I ate Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburgers all the time haha. Obviously that's not the case anymore.
  • spamantha57
    Options
    Anyone else? Former / current/ aspirational dancers, feel free to add me. :)
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm not a professional dancer, but I enjoy belly dancing! It helps with my overall fitness program, keeps me supple and strengthens my core. You can add me if you want another dancing friend :flowerforyou:
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    Some day I think I would like to learn how to dance. I have to get to an activity level where I can breathe to do that though lol. It looks fun though :)
  • desdq
    desdq Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hmm this post is from almost two years ago, but yes I am a new member a professional modern dancer trying to lose about 10 lbs. and really struggling would love some motivating friends.