What works better MFP or TDEE/BMR?

Options
Lots of people are saying using the TDEE/BMR method works very well for them and they eat a good lot more calories than MFP recommends... I don't know what to do, really want a diet to work for me... MFP gives me 1440 calories to eat per day but if I take 30% off my TDEE then it tell me to eat 1800... I don't want to eat more and then gain weight but I also don't want to be 'stuck' as other people have said using MFP

Replies

• calisunrise
    Options
    if you eat 1800 and burn 360 calories, you'll be at 1440 anyway. you definitely won't gain, nor be stuck.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Why not start with the higher number and see how it goes? Then you can always drop 50-100 if it doesn't seem to work well for you. If you can get away with losing weight and getting fit on 1800 then I would pick that any day over 1400 :)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    As long as you're eating below your TDEE and are being accurate with your logging then you should lose weight. If you're trying to lose weight and maintain the loss then you're more likely to keep it off if you eat healthily at a moderate deficit and exercise (both cardio and strength).