Wii - Just Dance

Options
Hi everyone I was just thinking about what I can do every morning after work for exercise. Of course my favorite thing to do is walk -- I love nature and I love walking! But it is too cold out. I know that sounds like a bad excuse but really it is.

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment with no equipment, nor can I afford any. I have a Wii and can download games for it, so I downloaded this game called Just Dance. After doing a few songs I was absolutely drenched in sweat and panting. It really gets you going although its pretty hard and I don't like it much.

Anyone know how many calories you can burn on this, and how much time is a "good" workout? Also I just bought a DDR mat and have that d/led although its coming from China so it'll take a few weeks to get here.

Replies

• starrisonmclennon
    starrisonmclennon Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I heard that if you divide your sweat points by 4.2 it gives you the amount of calories burned, but I don't think that's true, I think for every 10 sweat points you burn 1 calorie because when I did it, I was burning 700+ calories allegedly which I don't think is correct, it's still a decent workout though as long as you actually do what's on the screen
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Someone had posted this link awhile back: http://caloriesburnedhq.com, you could check on there for calories. I have done zumba and the just dance and like you, I feel the "workout." I think as long as you are moving, that's the most important goal!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I have just dance 2. I wear my HRM. Last night in 53 minutes I burned 343 calories. That is net calories, not including my BMR.
  • Tetesandra
    Tetesandra Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I wish someone would add more WII exercise stuff to the exercise log. I have that as well as other items and I have a hard time putting in what I did as I don't have any moniter to tell me anything.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I always log the Just Dance games as "dancing". There are several different options with the dancing, and I just try to gauge how hard I worked, and pick one that feels similar. It's all just estimates anyway--best thing is that you are exercising :)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I burn right around 215+/- calories for 47 minutes on the Just Sweat part of Just Dance 4. It's a great calorie burner. It depends on how intense you work, but the Sweat part doesn't have the breaks that the dance game has.
  • starrisonmclennon
    starrisonmclennon Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    use this website (http://www.calories-calculator.net/Calories_Burned_By_Heart_Rate.html) to measure how many calories you've burned :D