Support and motivation

Options
tems78
tems78 Posts: 23 Member
Hi fairly newbie and hoping I can stick to it this time. Been paying for weight watchers but decided if people are being successful using a free app such as mfp then to give it a try and save my money. Would really love to have some motivational friends who I can learn from and get encouragement and vice versa. ★★★★

Replies

• rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have used Weight Watchers in the past and it worked, but I think MFP is so much better because of the support you receive on her. There is also so much info you can get just from reading the forum posts. I am on here everyday and am really addicted. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Exactly the same as me, I got rid of gym memberships and weightwatchers which didn't do it for me. I am trying it the old fashioned way, hard work, move more, eat less no frills. I love MFP! Its free with a great community. I have lost weight (only 11 lbs) so far, but saved cash too. No gimmicks, and I feel more motivated than I ever have. Add me if you want. Good luck
  • Christine61314
    Christine61314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I too have used weight watchers but I really didnt like that my weigh-in day was a Monday night so it got me into a really bad mindset and habbits on hardly eating during the day ect. MFP is a lot better for me, I am finaly being honest with what I eat and its a great group of supportive people who are there 24/7 :p Feel free to add me and good luck on your journey
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers is a great plan. I lost a lot of weight on their plan many many years ago... But I find the changes over the years are not for me.

MFP is Awesome! Not commercial! No need to weigh in front of a group and be silently judged...

You will love it here!

Wishing you great success in your journey toward a healthier life!
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    I have also been down the Weight Watchers path and yes it worked but reading the forums here gives me more encouragement than they ever did and it's free. Add me if you like. :smile:
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi fairly newbie and hoping I can stick to it this time. Been paying for weight watchers but decided if people are being successful using a free app such as mfp then to give it a try and save my money. Would really love to have some motivational friends who I can learn from and get encouragement and vice versa. ★★★★

I also have decided against any plan's and I am going back to good old fashioned calorie counting and burning more calories that I eat :o) So far it is working well and I am 100% recording what I eat and drink and also recording my calories burnt. That way I can see which exercise or activities are going to give me a helping hand on my journey! My motto is every little helps and taking it one day at a time!!