Ok gross but here goes....."dumping syndrome"

Options
13»

Replies

• Whambam087
    Options
    That's why splurging is never worth it...I always regret going all out because I end up feeling awful and bloated for days afterwards
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Something similar happens to me when I eat non home-cooked meals. If there's too much msg, salt or sugar, I tend to bloat, get itchy with hives and just feel gross. I try not to go "all out" anymore if I go out to eat. It just wrecks havoc on my stomach and digestive system. Not fun :noway:
  • Lesa1129
    Lesa1129 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This can also happen if you are taking Metformin for Diabetes....
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's not "dumping syndrome" it's overindulging. I too will have an upset stomach if i over indulge after i've been "good" for so long. It's a terrible feeling. nauseas, bloated stomach, diarrhea, my stomach could literally feel like it was going to explode!

I couldn't even sleep because my stomach was so full and upset. Not food poisoning because everyone ate it and not the flu because you'd KNOW. It wouldn't go away so quickly… the flu can last 7-10days
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    BTW this happened to me just last night when I ate Barberitos! I think it's just eating too much and too crappy of foods
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    If you think about it - this makes perfect sense. So you have an excess "bulk" of material which is pushing against tight muscle and you have just expanded your stomach and intestinal tract to maximum - this has gotta cause some kind of discomfort alone. You have supplied a significant amount of energy to your system your body - this throws your body out of homeostasis - you flood your blood system with simple sugars and all sorts of other nutrients so you are on a carb / sugar high (no wonder the poor body cannot sleep) and the heart is racing since - There is an excessive amount of food than your body can absorb but come hell or high water your body is going to try to - "OK guys lets ramp things up put systems on OT and make hay while the sun shines" - in the meantime you have all these fats that have nowhere to go, the sugars / carbs are likely your bodies first option for storage so for the rest of the fats and proteins we will fill what we can and the rest lubricates the remaining mess through the intestinal tract to the inevitable exit.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Something similar happens to me when I eat non home-cooked meals. If there's too much msg, salt or sugar, I tend to bloat, get itchy with hives and just feel gross. I try not to go "all out" anymore if I go out to eat. It just wrecks havoc on my stomach and digestive system. Not fun :noway:

<---- This sounds more like allergies!
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    I get a similar but milder set of symptoms when I eat a lot of calories at once. I have been thinking it was my gallbladder, because part of the pain is similar to a gallbladder attack I had once. I can't eat as much as I used to, which is all right with me! It feels yucky, sort of like the flu, sort of like a gallbladder attack.

I guess my stomach is self-correcting now, if I can't overeat without getting sick.