calorie intake

How bad is 546 net calories? I Am eating a lot and its all healthy stuff but after exercise my net calories stay about 546. I am new to this so just need some help.

Replies

• taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    it is always best to net a higher caloric daily goal. If your net is to low then your body will start to store whatever energy source (fat) it can to maintain normal functions. However there are many factors that have to be considered when looking at your net for the day.

One of the most important is actual calorie burn. If your body did not actually burn what you put on here than your net is actually not as bad as it looks.

Another point you must follow is your body!!!!!!!!!! Are you hungry? Then eat more. If you are not hungry then don't worry about it. (this theory means you must apply common sense and be real with yourself, don't pretend you’re not hungry when you actually are.)

My two cents.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    is_such_a_thing_even_possible.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    You are creating and extremely large deficit. One day here and there - its not a big deal, bit if you consistently do it you ca run into issues which include:

- higher risk of loss of LBM than would be seen with a smaller deficit
    - risk of not getting enough nutrients
    - hormonal and metabolic issues
    - possible adherence issues

You say you are eating a lot but netting only 546? You are a guy in their 30's - your TDEE must be about 2,500 at least. To net only 500 calories how much are you eating? How much are you exercising?

Good reading:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/setting-the-deficit-small-moderate-or-large.html
  • AnabolicKyle
    Another point you must follow is your body!!!!!!!!!! Are you hungry? Then eat more. If you are not hungry then don't worry about it. (this theory means you must apply common sense and be real with yourself, don't pretend you’re not hungry when you actually are.)

^^^THIS

you need to hit the fat macro MFP gives you, you can & will mess up your health if its constantly to low
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

^^^THIS

you need to hit the fat macro MFP gives you, you can & will mess up your health if its constantly to low

So, no need to hit any protein macro?
  • AnabolicKyle
    well fat is the most important from a health stand point. If you like your LBM might want to hit the protein one as well.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    How bad is 546 net calories? I Am eating a lot and its all healthy stuff but after exercise my net calories stay about 546. I am new to this so just need some help.

This may help you understand it better - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf
  • Im eating usually 1700-2200 calories but I exercise a lot. the calorie and exercise calculator on this sight says im burning around 1100 clories in exercise
  • Im using 100ish grams of isolated protein a day