Getting Sick Is Such an Inconvenience!!

Options
So I started My Journey November first and have been doing awesome with my fitness and Nutrition since then. I've managed to stay on track with both, even over the holidays. Since then I've lost 22 lbs.Then last Sunday I ended up in the emergeny for a ruptured cyst on my ovaries and had to stop my exercise for the week. During this time everything I've worked towards went out the door. I was so depressed (not only from being sick and ending up in the hospital but other stressors in life) that I went on a MAJOR binging trip all week. It seems like I ate all the Junk i would have consumed from November till now in a whole week. I ate Mcdonalds, Pizza Pizza , Brownies, Chocolate, drank soda, to name a few. And the more I ate the more I wanted. It was horrible. I found myself hiding and eating in my room because over the past few months my roomates have seen how dedicated I've been and saw the noticable change in me physically with the weight loss and have complimented me continually on my determination.

PLEASE HELP!!! How do you all handle binges. Each time I ate something I wasn't suppose to, I felt horrible about myself. This morning I woke up and ate a healthy breakfast and about to continue my work out. before getting sick I had started the Insanity workout program and was on day 6. I will restart it again today. I know I'm going to have moments of weeknesses along this journey but I NEVER want it to get as bad as it was last week. I REFUSE to give up on myself and my Journey to a better, healthier Me.

Replies

• akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Shake it off and move forward. I lost 40 here and kept it off for 2 years. Then we bought a house and I started seriously stress eating, and gained 15 pounds back. Stress triggers my binges. I dusted myself off and started back. At least now I know what works.

Do not be hard on yourself.
  • TisheaDH
    TisheaDH Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    First, stop beating yourself up. You won't break the habits of a lifetime in a few moments. Second, if you are committed to your health you will start to remove things from your home that affect your long term goals. It wasn't a binge, it was an indulgence. Now that you've indulged in those things, let the negative connotations go.

If you eat in a healthy manner the majority of the time, one bout of non-clean eating won't derail your efforts. You're doing yourself more harm by stressing about it than your one bout of "Goodness these goodies are good" did.

Have a groovy day!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Log everything.
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I had to stop working out this week because of a cold that nearly became pnemonia. I should be 5 pounds lowere this week, but I'm not. It's very frustrating. One week of binge eating won't kill you. As long as you don't do it all the time, you will be fine. Good luck.