0 carb food?

Options
My trainer wants us to only eat 100 carbs a day and I'm wondering if you know any 0 carb foods? So far the only thing I seem to have in the house are pickles and turkey pepperoni! I get to the end of the day and if I have only 100 carbs I have calories left...

Replies

• parttimeanorexia
    Options
    any type of meat not cured with sugar
    non starchy vegetables almost have none at all
    oils/fats
    some cheeses

thats pretty much it
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    100 grams of carbs or lower is easy.

go to google and look up "keto diet foods"

also remember that fiber doesn't count toward your net carbs.

net carbs = total carbs - fiber. so if you eat 120 grams of carbs and 40 grams of fiber that's only 80 net carbs.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    your trainer is not a nutritionist.

carbs are a good thing!! but like everything else, moderation is key.
  • Jred36
    Jred36 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If you want you can friend me, I stay low on carbs and high on protein. Its really not that hard to stay low on carbs. I have cheese, yougurt, lunch meat, jerky, eggs, protein shakes. Peanut butter and celery is my favoritie and is one way I use some of my carbs. I also have a cookbook for low carb high protein meals.
    Jackie
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Avocados are low carb and high cal, I don't think they're zero carb though. How about a salad with an olive oil dressing, that would be fairly low carb but the oil would make it higher in cals. Cold meats will be low carb and higher in cals, you could roast up some chicken drumsticks and eat them cold from the fridge, also hard boiled eggs are a low carb snack.
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    inb4 keto vs non-keto ****storm
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

They might be, nutritionist is not a regulated title in many countries and a personal trainer will have at least a low level certification in nutrition. They are highly unlikely to be a registered dietician, which is possibly the job role you are thinking of.
  • sherrileedonpaul
    sherrileedonpaul Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eating 100 carbs a day is very easy. I usually sit at around 30 carbs per day. I eat healthy, am full and don't eat sugar. So is my husband, Since my son's are teenagers they can get away with more carbs than I can since they are growing, still. Check out Maria Emmerich online...she is a nutritionist and does online consulting. I've been consulting with her for a while now. She also has a great food blog and FB page.
    I do eat the more crunchy type veggies, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, eggplant, chayote squash. I mostly stick to berries, rhubarb and pumpkin for "fruit". Yes I know pumpkin is a squash. lol
    We use erythritol and stevia to sweeten things...both natural. Erythritol is only 70% as sweet as sugar but Stevia is 300X as sweet so learning to use these effectively is key. Veggies with more sugar we go very lightly on...they kids do eat them like carrots. Home made kale chips with parmesan cheese are a fast crunchy disappearing snack in my house. So are home made cheezies with egg white and real cheese. My soon to be 18 yr old snarfs them like mad. ;) It can be done.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

They might be, nutritionist is not a regulated title in many countries and a personal trainer will have at least a low level certification in nutrition. They are highly unlikely to be a registered dietician, which is possibly the job role you are thinking of.

splitting hairs. you know what i meant.
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    google low carb foods. I do low carb as well. Stay close to 100 a day if not less. My trainer said if you have carbs it should be the good ones. But as of yet I have not gone there I just stay below a certain amount.... Friend me if you would like good luck
  • justkeepgoing1010
    Options
    greek yogurt has tons of protein but minimal carbs. I eat Joseph's Pita Bread at times. I don't know if you can find it but it only has 8 grams of carbs and 4 grams of fiber...Makes a good sandwich I'd say. Eggs are great...so are nuts.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

The difference is important and the problem is many people don't know what you mean. I read far too often of people seeing a nutritionist and being told something completely unscientific/ irrational/ debunked/ broscience - and still we continue to advocate nutritionists instead of the appropriate medical or healthcare professional. I don't believe it is splitting hairs when health, finances and professionalism are at stake.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    And the reason they gave you for doing this is..........
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Because the trainer knows eating low carb will attain fast scale weight results and make him appear a master nutritionist
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i would look up diets for diabetics. diabetics follow a low carb diet to control blood sugar. meats that are not processed with sugars and green veggies are very low carb. corn and potatoes will have higher carbs. you can have fish like tuna? eggs like hard boiled eggs for snacks. yogurt and cottage cheese? string cheese? you can do carrots, celery, mushrooms, green peppers, etc.. get creative and look for good tasting low carb dips. fruits can have a lot of carbs. so be careful. but they are nutritious. my dietician said an easy way to look at it is to assume snacks your snacks are 15 carbs and meals between 45-60 carbs. consider each serving size of an item to be 15 carbs. so one serving of lets say pretzels would be your snack. hope this helps a little.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

The difference is important and the problem is many people don't know what you mean. I read far too often of people seeing a nutritionist and being told something completely unscientific/ irrational/ debunked/ broscience - and still we continue to advocate nutritionists instead of the appropriate medical or healthcare professional. I don't believe it is splitting hairs when health, finances and professionalism are at stake.

2a7wnyd.jpg
  • quitkidding
    quitkidding Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful responses. Lots of good ideas!!!

No, my trainer is not a nutritionist or a registered dietitian.

It's part of a 6 week boot-camp-type program. We have a different nutrition focus each week and this low carb one threw me for a loop b/c we are still supposed to get 25 g of fiber/day.

Thanks again:)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Because the trainer knows eating low carb will attain fast scale weight results and make him appear a master nutritionist

For the win!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

For the win!
    LOL you raise a good point. To bad the weight wasn't fat.