Please help!

keyman
keyman Posts: 5
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
I can not do this. I have about 20 pounds to lose. I lost 20 last spring, was able to maintain my weight, and I have 20 more. But for the life of me I can NOT resist eating bad food. First off, i LOVE mcdonalds. I haven't been there yet, but I can't stop thinking about a quarterpounder! Right now I'm dipping my breton crackers into peanut butter cause I just need some good yummy filling food. Someone help...

Replies

• keyman
    keyman Posts: 5
    I can not do this. I have about 20 pounds to lose. I lost 20 last spring, was able to maintain my weight, and I have 20 more. But for the life of me I can NOT resist eating bad food. First off, i LOVE mcdonalds. I haven't been there yet, but I can't stop thinking about a quarterpounder! Right now I'm dipping my breton crackers into peanut butter cause I just need some good yummy filling food. Someone help...
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    It's easy to feel overwhelmed at first, but judging by your history you just gave, you CAN do this!! It's okay to eat bad-for-you foods in moderation. I have been told that as long as you are eating well 90% of the time, you can have whatever you want for the remaining 10%. I interpret this as about 130 calories/day. If you are really feeling deprived of McDonald's, you could get a sandwich, cut it in half, and immediately give the second half to someone else or throw it away... just an idea.

Hang in there!! :happy:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    I used to have that mcd's craving a lot too although it seems to subsided over the last few months. I have indulged a few times but not continuously. Since december every time I have been to mcd's (very tempting since fiance still goes there) I have had the grilled chicken wraps. I do remember eating a bk orig. chick sandwich and a cheeseburger from wendys. But now mostly if I want a burger I make it at home with lite chz, low cal bread and I mostly made with ground turkey. This way I can measure everything out I know what is in it and I can add tons of veggies to it. It. It gets rid of the fast food craving and I fit it in my calories. Just make sure you leave out the greasy fries.
This discussion has been closed.