the freshman... 30

Options
hey everyone! I just started using MFP this week and so far so good!
I have struggled with my weight my entire life.
I have never really been over weight, until i wanted to be skinny in highschool so i tryed starving myself which obviously resulted in binge eating aka a ton of weight put on. Now i am in university, and living in residence, there are obviously not many food choices... ie greasy food or greasier food. Its obviously heart breaking to now look in the mirror 30 lbs later, and realise that i wish i was the weight when i started starving myself. I am so uncomfortable in my skin now, and all my friends are twigs. Being self concious about my weight is not allowing me to put my self out there, when i am actually a very out going person. I have never had a boyfriend because of this (probably) and it is starting to get lonely here in residence. I am obviously ready to start eating really healthy and working out, but this will be super challenging, as i live in residence and everytime i try, i usually end up giving up... which, i think, is my biggest downfall..hopefully MFP will work!! I am definatly going to be patient for it!
Will need lots of support!
Thanks
Erin

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    you can do it! :flowerforyou:
    I've only been here 9 days and the support is incredible!
    I will add you as a friend and we can support each other if you want!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin!

This website is exactly where you want to be. I know the freshman 15-30 myself. I put it on and kept it on until I graduated college. Then I finally got my butt in gear and am now lighter than I was in high school. I don't even remember the last time I was 161 lbs! (Maybe when I was 12 before puberty? Don't know). I still have 20 - 30 lbs to go, but I couldn't do it without this website. :)

You can do it!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I too have struggled with my weight my whole life. This website will help! It has helped me maintain control just for the 2 weeks I have been using it. Good Luck! :happy: