Need some inspiration!

Options
I was doing really great until this weekend. Falling off the wagon really hit hard and I need some real inspiration. Are there any women out there over 5' 9" who have successfully lost over 75 lbs? I have a long way to go and just would really love the help. MFP is the best and my life is so much better for having the friends on here that I do. Any new ones a welcome, of course!!!

Replies

• mmcgille
    mmcgille Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Haven't come anywhere close to 75 lbs, but what has worked for me is to look at old pictures when I feel like I'm not making any progress. Set small goals - mine can be either as low as 4 lbs (1 month) or completing 2 weeks of the C25k program. And a new piece of clothing every once in a while is also a great motivator. But the best thing that I've found when I struggle is looking back at pictures from 1-2 years ago....and then I realize that even though it seems like I'm making no progress in the short term, I'm making a long-term difference. One other tip - have your doctor give you a physical or blood tests every 6-12 months. I've started doing that every 4 months due to thyroid issues, and I've been surprised how helpful the positive results are (and the pat on the back from the doctor!). You can do this!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the weekend. Log everything and start again...right now. Go for a walk and make a clean start! You may feel like you have a long way to go, but I agree with mmcgille, it's the little goals that count. I've only lost 12 pounds, but I am sitting in a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear in years. They are totally out of style, but I don't care. They have been mocking me from that high shelf in the closet. Now I'm putting them to work! Go get something out of your closet that you couldn't wear 18 lbs ago. That is success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!