"Fat days" - how do you deal with them?

Options
How do you deal with having a "fat day"? I'm talking about the psychological ones, rather than days when you're bloated due to PMS, a binge the night before etc. I just mean the kind of day where you just feel ten times bigger than you did yesterday, despite having lost lots of weight, your clothes fitting fine and the scales being exactly as they should be?

Replies

• Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wear pretty underwear and my favourite shoes.

Plus I try to give my body a bit of a break every now and then...I make it walk to work and back, it's never allowed to use the lift, always the stairs, it has to do workouts at 6am, run in the rain, hours of housework each week and I never give it as much chocolate as it would like!!

Since it has all that to put up with, the least I can do is cut it some slack for not being perfect yet...it's doing a good job! :smile:
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It's always hard dealing with your mental state! I always find the best way is to listen to some up-beat music and dance or go for a walk and get fresh air as a great motivator. Or perhaps look at pictures of you at your heaviest and tell yourself, WOW! Look at me! I've lost 43 pounds!! I've lost the size of 5 year old child!

I also like to look at my pinterest thread I created that has quotes that make me feel better. It's nothing that special but if you want to check it out, http://pinterest.com/nuttynatty/it-s-now-or-never/
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Oh, I agree too with Saree.... do your hair, do your make up, wear something that you love and just smile!!!! As the saying goes.... fake it until you make it.
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I think it's normal to have those down in the dumps kind of days. I have them every now and then, but I also have battled with depression in the past so when these days occur, I get a little worried. I don't think there is anything wrong with the occasional self-pity-party, it will make you feel better and sometimes the best thing you can do is curl up on the couch and cry for a while. BUT, these days should be far and few between. I suggest hanging out with a buddy on these "fat days." Go see a movie, take your dog to the park, etc.

Whenever I am feeling down, I take a roadtrip to visit my parents (it's a 4.5 hour drive) and it gives me a lot of time to think and reflect. When I get there, I feel a lot better and it's nice to see them because we are very close but live so far apart.