Uterus, fat, or loose skin?!?!?!

Options
Hi Moms and fitness experts. I was very excited about my progress and showed my husband who said you are very very close! I was asking him about the "pooch" under my belly button. It isn't soft like fat, but it isn't hard like abs either. Could it be my uterus? If so, how do I make it go down and get flatter. If I can get rid of that, my stomach will be where I want it to be. My baby is 13 months now, so it has been over a year since I've had him. Any moms have advice or tips? Which is it? Thanks for your help.

My stomach looks quite similar to this ladies. I have that little flat pooch like hers: http://www.google.com/imgres?start=78&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=2133&bih=1087&authuser=0&tbm=isch&tbnid=2V0N_7ypnZX0nM:&imgrefurl=http://dearbabycook.blogspot.com/2010_05_01_archive.html&docid=1m7hEgODBmQzmM&itg=1&imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_itEVFypRNHU/S_7nPy33wNI/AAAAAAAAAZ4/g4KR3DrP9zw/s1600/IMG_1238.JPG&w=1395&h=1600&ei=RV4FUbX0HI6WyAG6ioDICA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=286&sig=107026711605295173811&page=2&tbnh=132&tbnw=113&ndsp=87&ved=1t:429,r:46,s:100,i:142&tx=44&ty=68

Replies

• keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Try emailing AlliecoreXX. SHe has 3 kids and great abs. She always says that abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym . . .
  • asaunders1981
    Options
    Well it aint your uterus, which is buried deep inside your body. Having had two little ones, I'd say it is likely a thin covering of the F-word; but not to worry, keep up the good work and it will shrink. Just remember, some women never get rid of it 100% post-baby, but can generally decrease it to where you feel good about yourself. Carry on with clean eating, some cardio and lots of lifting and youll continue to make progress. Also remember, with not much left to lose, it may take some time. My advice is strength training, which will shape your body better than cardio ever will.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm.....does it cause you pain? I think that after 13 months your uterus should be close to normal. My suggestion would be talk to your doctor.
  • BrittanyBrines
    BrittanyBrines Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My husband suggested I ask my doctor what she thinks. We just moved so I have yet to find a doctor. There is no pain. I do have endometriosis and have had cysts before (They had to take out part of my Fallopian tube, though just a small part), but I always had cramps with those and I don't feel any pain....
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    It's extra skin.
  • BrittanyBrines
    BrittanyBrines Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That's what my husband said, but I can't really pinch it. How do I tell if it's extra skin? And it's not loose....Just bloated looking....but not all that bad, just like the picture in the link I posted.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    That's what my husband said, but I can't really pinch it. How do I tell if it's extra skin? And it's not loose....Just bloated looking....but not all that bad, just like the picture in the link I posted.

Google 'Mother's Apron.'

It could also potentially be a hernia, so, a doctor's visit is probably a pretty good idea.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It's not your uterus.
  • Coffeeplz_123z
    Coffeeplz_123z Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there! To me that pic looks like a pretty average mommy tummy, although I'm sure there are ways to flatten it out remember that having a baby changes the way your body is shaped. That pic is definately not lose skin, that I can assure you of! *experience talking here!:laugh: * I had two babies within 13 months and I have the skin to prove it! *lol* Keep up the great work!
  • btoblake
    btoblake Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the image link doesn't seem to be working, but mothers do tend to have this problem. So, here's the three most common problems and solutions I know of:

Try tensing up your ab muscles, and feeling them. Sometimes, in pregnancy, the abs separate in the middle, leaving the center of your belly droopy. I've seen exercises and girdles designed to hold these in the right place, while you work out to get your abs back into their original shape.

Belly fat - Fat is put onto your belly by high insulin foods, which most of us do eat a lot of. I've seen guys who only had excess weight there lose a ton of it by going on high protein diets.

Everything shifted and your skin/abs aren't tight enough to hold it back - practice good posture, and add planking to your workout.