alcohol... enough said

Options
Hey everyone!
so my best friends birthday is coming up, and she wants to drink!!
i love drinking, and especially since its for my best friend,
however by that time, i will have made so much progress, and i dont wan to fail, and feel guilty again!!

Any low cal booze out there?? hahahaha.. yaaa..
I guess i could just do shots right??
ugh i just really dont want to have to, but i have to.
any ways around it?

Thanks!
Erin

Replies

• AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    If you REALLY don't want to, volunteer to be the dd!
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    new Bud Select 55

only 55 calories
  • mdeguzman
    mdeguzman Posts: 35
    Options
    Skinny girl Margaritas! tequlia, seltzer water and lime. Look it up on line. Drink on then pretend the rest of the night with straight seltzer and a lime floating in it.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't drink nearly as much as I once did. I'm 21, close to 22, and got it out of my system pretty quick, thank goodness. I do still enjoy the occasional weekend drink and to keep it lower in cals, I drink straight shots, usually vodka or strong rum(I like everclear and 151). Then I chase it with diet soda. No extra mixers, etc. I've always preferred shots anyway, so it works for me.
  • panther87
    panther87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have seen another thread on here awhile back that talked about this. the biggest thing is if your going to have mixed drinks, use diet soda. Like diet coke, diet sprite, fresca. Also they mentioned using flavored vodka and diet pop mixer. I am not much of a drinker anymore. Just got too old to do that so often. I'd pick something that you can ''nurse" through the night. and alternate 1 drink then a glass of water. Also there are lots of 'lite' beers out there if your a beer drinker. Good luck and enjoy the time you 2 spend together and make memories- they will be what you remember most, not the drinking.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Just say no and you'll enjoy your evening more and feel better :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Just say no and you'll enjoy your evening more and feel better :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I like!!!:bigsmile:
  • mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    any sort of hard liquer and diet is pretty low cal.
  • futfurd
    futfurd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My bugaboo is that once I start drinking I lose control of my eating habits. I turn into an eating machine. I HAD yo quit!
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Rum & diet. I tend to stick with clear alcohol, I like vodka and diet red bull (or whatever diet energy drink they have on tap). But I also budget in my alcohol calories for the day if I know I'll be drinking. Just be careful because with less calories in your day, it takes less alcohol for stronger effects.... (I know this from experience, *laugh*)

Also, I found this article interesting... http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/low-calorie-cocktails
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Jello shots with sugar free jello.....mmmmmmm. I do peach schnapps with peach jello = 34 cals per.
  • christinasusan
    Options
    It isn't going to do you in going out once in a while don't worry about it and have fun life is too short to fret about small stuff. Drink , laugh and love and you will loose your wait anyway.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I enjoy drinking seltzer water and typically start off mixing it with white wine; but can have 1 or 2 of a split mix and go straight to seltzer and party like the rest of them! Don't feel pressured to drink and ruin your progress. But definitely try to cut the calories if you are going to drink. Good luck!
  • Ladybyrd117
    Options
    Just eat calorie conservative foods during the day and workout vigorously up to the event so that you have saved room in your calorie count for the alcohol you plan to consume. This way you won't feel so bad and you can enjoy yourself without regrets!
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    A nice glass of red wine and sip slowly..I find my will power waning if I drink too much. Most of all just listen to your own voice and don't be pressured into something you don't really want to do.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

Great practice for saying no to unhealthy foods, AND drinks!:tongue:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I usually stick with blue monster (10 cals a serving) and vodka...a few drinks do the trick and I think vodka has about 70cals in an oz ...so if u only drink a couple its not all that bad
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    work out beforehand and drink vodka +clubsoda with extra lemon and lime. That is always my go-to drink. So refreshing and kinda tastes like vodka sprite without all the sugar, which makes me sick anyway!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    HAve a light cal day , Go to the gym, major cardio burn some calories , go out , have fun worry about it the day after.

Every now is ok
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    White wine and soda water or gin and sugar free tonic are my fall-backs!