NSV

Options
bholt75
bholt75 Posts: 4 Member
So, I've been working out and eating healthy for about a month now and am starting to see results in my workouts. When I work out at home I do this kettlebell and running circuit where I do five kettlebell exercises then run about a quarter mile and repeat four times. Well, last night I decided my last run was going to be up this long steep hill to the entrance of our subdivision. I had never run all the way up but I told myself if I could run all the way then I could walk all the way back home....and I did it!! I was breathing so hard at the end I thought my lungs were going to explode but I did it! I have learned (but have to keep reminding myself in the midst of the pain) that exercise is mind over matter and I keep trying to push myself by setting little goals and giving myself some little reward if I hit the goal as incentive. Give it a try!

Replies

• eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Great job! Doesn't seem when I am doing the routines that they are getting easier but when I try something I hadn't done in years (or ever) I can do it! I am stuck inside doing boring walking videos but when the temp finally got over 40 and i got out with the hound I could jog! Didn't push myself and only went 1/2 block at a time of jogging of the 3 mile walk but wow. No way could I have finished 3 miles in the 80 min it took me last summer! Heck I probably couldn't have walked 3 miles. Am really looking forward to being able to get out. Will continue with the exercise with tv for now knowing it will make a huge difference when the weather permits!
  • badmoon81
    Options
    That's fantastic!! It's meeting the little goals that will bring you to your ultimate goal. I go up one level on the elliptical every Monday morning, and when I get to the highest level I will add time. I've gotten to where I look forward to the Monday morning challenge.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!