What I have always wondered about cookies...

Options
...and other snacks. haha.
If I didn't go over my recommended calories and I eat cookies and milk as a snack and I still don't go over my calories after doing so, are those cookies STILL turning into fat?? Same goes for other kinds of snacks, chips, icecream, ect. My boyfriend once told me that someone could go throughout their life eating nothing but veggies and if they eat too many portions, and too many calories a day, they would end up being overweight. So I guess my question is, if I am staying in my 1,400 calorie range every day and exercising 5-6 times a week, could those cookies be taking a toll on my hardwork???

:heart: Danielle

Replies

• healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    ...and other snacks. haha.
    If I didn't go over my recommended calories and I eat cookies and milk as a snack and I still don't go over my calories after doing so, are those cookies STILL turning into fat?? Same goes for other kinds of snacks, chips, icecream, ect. My boyfriend once told me that someone could go throughout their life eating nothing but veggies and if they eat too many portions, and too many calories a day, they would end up being overweight. So I guess my question is, if I am staying in my 1,400 calorie range every day and exercising 5-6 times a week, could those cookies be taking a toll on my hardwork???

:heart: Danielle
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I think you are probably ok. However, as far as i know cookies have never been linked to a healthy diet. The problem with cookies and other "Bad" carbs is that when you do go over they are the first things to turn into fat because they turn so quickly. Also, and this applies to me more than you im sure, cookies dont build muscle.

One thing i have to say about cookies is....... Dang they taste good. i love peanutbutter cookies and ice cold milk.

This is about life so if they make you happy and you are not seeing any bad then i say go for it and have one for me.

Tim