Food should taste good

Options
ar1ms
ar1ms Posts: 98 Member
Food should taste good tortilla chips, I usually eat the multigrain ones, they are delicious but I am not positive if they are a good choice for a healthy diet. They seem okay but I am not positive. They are made with flax, sunflower, sesame seeds, quinoa, soy, and brown rice. The serving size bag that is available at my school is 1.5 oz and you get about 15 chips. 210 calories, 9 grams of fat, 1 gram saturated fat, etc. you can find the nutrition facts here http://www.foodshouldtastegood.com/our-products/tortilla/multigrain

Please help me to figure out if these are a good choice! Thank you!

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I buy the sweet potato chips occasionally but have trouble sticking to one serving at a time. I think that brand has healthier ingredients than most.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Any highly processed food is less than "perfect" - but there is no reason why you shouldn't enjoy a bag of these if they fit into your calorie-goals. The problem with high-carb and salty foods like these is that they can create a craving for more of the same. Try to have them with some cheese or nuts, or a sandwich or milk. Adding in some protein will help you feel satisfied.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    For "that type" of food, I'd say they're pretty good. ;-)

Good ingredients, a little fat (and low saturated fat), some carbs, some protein. Sounds ok to me.

There are healthier options I'm sure, but as long as it fits into your calories & macros, why not?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    For "that type" of food, I'd say they're pretty good. ;-)

Good ingredients, a little fat (and low saturated fat), some carbs, some protein. Sounds ok to me.

There are healthier options I'm sure, but as long as it fits into your calories & macros, why not?

I second this.

Enjoy your chips.
  • ar1ms
    Options
    thank you!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    They're not what I would call a health food. But they're OK. Main thing you need to watch is how many of them you eat.
  • ar1ms
    Options
    They're not what I would call a health food. But they're OK. Main thing you need to watch is how many of them you eat.

I eat a serving and a half because thats how the bag comes and they are so good so I can't stop myself at 1 serving lol
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    ... they are so good so I can't stop myself at 1 serving lol

That's the biggest problem, like someone else said.

I'll like to melt some cheese on them & have a bunch of homemade salsa to dip them in. Takes more time to enjoy, plus my salsa tends to require taking breaks to sip some water in between bites. ;-)
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    For a 'treat' food they look decent. If they fit into your 10% daily calories as processed/ added sugars/ added fats/ snacks at the frequency you eat them go for it.