Weight Training, Calories and MFP

Options
I'm a little confused about posting weight training exercises on MFP! I'm getting back into my routine of working out with weights and cardio mix. I find that when I post my training onto my diary, it says no calories burned. Can some explain this to me because it doesn't make sense. My cardio shows up with calories burned so why not my weight training?

I usually work out biceps, triceps, lunges and squats with weights and I do ab workouts with a weight ball.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Go to cardio and search for strength training. It won't be very accurate though as there are so many variables.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    The weight training entries are basically just memo items for your own tracking purposes.
  • shawnachaffins
    shawnachaffins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred yesterday, thought I would tell you about it because it is a 20 min work out that is both cardio and strength training thought you might like it.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    doing the shred too. put it under aerobics. I know I burn a lot more than the calories stated, but just to be on the safe side.
  • R105MCEsc
    R105MCEsc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    doing the shred too. put it under aerobics. I know I burn a lot more than the calories stated, but just to be on the safe side.

Thanks! I think i'll start recording it under this!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Lots of people put down shred as circuit training.