Slim in 6: What type of exercise would you call it?

Options
Hiya,

So I've started Slim in 6 and can't figure out what type of exercise it is. Low impact and mostly just a series of squats, lunges and plies, plus some short ab work. For anyone familiar, it's the 25 minute Start it Up dvd. No weights yet. It seems aerobic to some extent, but it also feels like strength training. Heeeeeeeeeelp!

Thanks! :glasses:

Replies

• susanmarnold
    Options
    I am approximately 220 lbs and use an HRM. I burn around 220 doing Start It Up and 410 doing Ramp It Up! Haven't done Burn It Up yet but probably around 450-475.
  • katrusse
    katrusse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I log it as Low Impact Aerobics for the Start it Up - I have just completed week one of Slim in 6. But I am now thinking I should use my heart rate monitor to more acurately track the calories I am burning and log the result from that. I think low impact aerobics cannot be far out. Good luck withe the program.
  • LeonaJo
    LeonaJo Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks, guys! Unfortunately I don't have a heart rate monitor (for now at least...). I've been logging it as low impact aerobics, but when I compare the 25 mins of low impact for slim in 6 to a 30 minute brisk paced walk, I burn about 30 calories more for the walk. And i gotta tell ya, that seems CRAZY to me! Even though the dvd is short, I work HARD--waaaaay harder than a brisk paced walk. And my muscles are quite sore. Not like I'm scrounging for calories or anything, but it just seems like my body would need more after all that work. Anyway, I guess the HRM is the way to go for better accuracy...
  • mitchell21223
    Options
    I was wondering how do you like the program? I am interested in buying it because i am trying not to bulk up.
  • richesandwonders
    richesandwonders Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I log mine as General Aerobics. For the 25 or so minutes of Start it Up the calorie burn total on MFP and my HRM are usually within 2-5 calories of one another.

Good luck!
  • staceybambijones
    staceybambijones Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started disc 2 "Ramp it up" last night". Wow energetic. I was also trying to figure out how to log this in my fitness pal. So for Ramp it up logging as General Aerobic rather than low impact is the way to go? The difference is a fair bit so want to get it right. Low impact only 290 kcals, where general is 377. x