Replies

• ms_jen21
    ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Brownie Bars
    Special K Popcorn Chips
    Atkins Bars (various flavors)
    South Beach Dark Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seeds
    3/4 cup of Special K cereal (either with or w/o milk)
    String Cheese
    Meat and Cheese roll-ups
    Bagel Thins and Cream Cheese (1 bagel; 1 cream cheese wedge)
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Sunflower Seeds
    Honey Roasted Cashews (the only nuts I like *sigh*)
    Raw Veggies and Dill Dip
    Kosher Pickle Spears
    Crab Sticks
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Iogo yogurt? I am not a yogurt fan but I can't get enough of the vanilla 0% iogo yogurt, with frozen raspberries! Yummy!
  • StefieLou
    StefieLou Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    blue berries
    pop corn
    clementines
    frozen banana
    frozen grapes
    frozen mango
    90 or 100 calorie snacks (like the fiber one stuff, or Aldi brand packaged snacks)
  • ms_jen21
    ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of air-popped popcorn. Simple and easy to prepare ahead and put into bags for when I need something!

Sounds yummy!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    whatever I am in the mood for..some time sweets, or salty..just depends..
  • laminatedbean
    laminatedbean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Olives - Oloves has 50 calorie little olive packages.I order them in bulk online and split the cost with friends.
    Pistachios - I get the bag of them not hulled. That slows me down from just tossing them in my mouth.
    Cheese & apples - I like the Sargento extra thin sliced cheeses
    clementines "cuties" - I hope to plant my own someday
    carrots and hummus - if you can find them (hint hint Target), Sabra sells smaller individual containers of hummus
    pickles - I like the mini dill whole (teehee I'm immature) in the chilled jar
    pickled eggs - when I eat all the pickles, I fill the jar with hard boiled eggs
    dark chocolate - I'm not much of a chocolate fan, but I like the bitter dark chocolate on occasion
    ice breakers sours - 1 - 3 lasts me a while if I can keep from chewing them up right away
  • kwseneca
    Options
    I am not a big yogurt fan either. I love crunchy-fatty things, and it is always hard for me to fit healthy yogurt into my diet and snacks.

I use PLAIN greek yogurt for a lot of things. Here's some of my fave snacks using yogurt:

Greek yogurt veggie/chip dip:
    Greek yogurt (plain) + spices= chip/veggie dip!
    Add ranch seasoning, garlic & onion powder for french onion. Just GREAT as a snack.

Smoothies:
    1/2 cup greek yogurt plain
    1 cup frozen fruit
    1/2 banana
    ice
    skim or almond or soy milk
    a little honey or splenda

I use greek yogurt in place of sour cream on tacos or baked potatoes. I use it instead of sour cream, oil, or cream cheese in pasta dishes like mac & cheese or alfredo. I love using it in mashed potatoes, too! It is super good to use in cakes & baked goods in place of oils & butters!

As for other snacks...
    50 calories string cheese
    laughing cow spreadable swiss wedges on low-fat crackers or carrots
    smart pop 100 calorie bags of popcorn (I love the kettle corn kind)
    homemade hummus
  • hurricanecarina
    Options
    Now that I have been watching what I eat and eating healthy I do not have the urge to snack. Which has been awesome for me! Healthier we eat the less we will crave snacks.
  • momof2TONI
    Options
    Apples
    Greek Yogurt
    Frozen Greek Yogurt
    Dark Chocolate
    Protein Shakes
    Homemade Protein Bars
    Nuts
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Apples
    Greek Yogurt
    Frozen Greek Yogurt
    Dark Chocolate
    Protein Shakes
    Homemade Protein Bars
    Nuts

Share some of those protein bar recipes. :happy:
  • banana47
    banana47 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Further to all other suggestions I would like to add thin rice cakes. Use them instead of bread due to the calories. Top with salsa, peanut butter, cottage cheese with basil.
  • Sophlilcady
    Sophlilcady Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Snow peas
    Carrots
    30g cheese grated
    Kids portioned packets of rice crackers (I could buy a big packet as portion myself but.. Meh)
    Skinny cow icecream
    Grapes
    Frozen berries (great on hot days)
    Coffee
    Different flavoured teas
  • TNSmith74
    Options
    I snack on raw veggies and nuts and sometimes fruit!! :laugh:
  • MizzRedskin804
    MizzRedskin804 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pop-Secret's 100 calorie popcorn
    Fruit
    Nuts
    ...need to get some yogurt
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    cheese and crackers are the big one, or peanut butter and crackers. Other than that, smoothies, and fruit and nuts/granola bars.
  • Lammerchops
    Lammerchops Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    egg whites
    protein shake (no-sugar whey protein powder, almond milk)
    3-4 oz of lean meat with some low sugar vegetables (e.g. asparagus, spinach)

Pattern: Protein. No sugar.
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt and rememeber sugar carbs are usually ok as it is slower released into your body as other carbs. Pair carbs with protein and you will be a ok and be fulll longer. I love to do apples, peanut butter and cayene pepper sprinkled into the peanut butter. A throwback to a nigerian sauce from childhood. It feels like a meal with the thickness of the peanut butter the picy pepper and a snack by the crunchiness of the apple. Yep i am a foodie!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and cheese
    Nuts and fruit
    PB and apples (so, basically nuts and fruit)
    Cheese and V8
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I've been trying not to snack as that's where the extra calories can creep in. I love cheese, houmus etc. but I'm pretty much banned from them while dieting (though I have found a 30% reduced fat cheese which isn't like a lump of plastic!) unless they form part of a meal.

I have a cereal bar mid-morning (Dorset Cereals - really yummy and keeps me full) and I like a WW choc covered biscuit with my cup of tea after dinner. Other than that I'm finding I'm not looking to snack now I have to keep track of all the calories. I have a green tea if my tummy is very rumbly - its not a packet of crisps but it does the job.
  • tgdillon
    Options
    Have you tried Iogo yogurt? I am not a yogurt fan but I can't get enough of the vanilla 0% iogo yogurt, with frozen raspberries! Yummy!

I don't like Yogurt either, so you are saying it's a different taste?