cod for dinner

Options
Kswiss83
Kswiss83 Posts: 41 Member
Anyone have a specific and tasty way to cook cod?

Replies

• slimforparis
    slimforparis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Poach it in milk with peppercorns and a bayleaf. Then you can use the milk to make a white sauce (or not if you're on a diet or off wheat.)

OR of course there's the traditional deep-fried in batter approach, but I guess that's not what you're looking for :bigsmile:
  • jdavis36
    jdavis36 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Literally just finished eating mine...it was excellent! I make a little foil boat and put in a large handful of baby spinach, place cod filet on top, then top with: sliced radish, green onions, fresh parsley, fresh squeezed lemon and fresh ground black pepper. Cover and bake at 350 till fish is done. Top with any veggies you like!!
  • cecep5248
    Options
    Anyone have a specific and tasty way to cook cod?

I have seasoned the cod with a little creole, cajun or Old Bay seasoning, then dipped in eggbeaters or a beaten egg and then coated with TVP. Baked in a 350 oven for about 20-25 minutes (final time will depend on thickness of fillets and oven. The TVP(textured vegetable protein) can be crushed slightly in a blender, food processor, if desired. The idea of "fried" without being cooked in a lot of oil. I suggest spraying your pan with a "Pam" type spray or using parchment paper.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Make mine in the skillet - olive oil, garlic, pepper and some Cajun spices mmmm
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I wrap mine in prosciutto and sprinkle with seasoned breadcrumbs and Parmesan and cook on a bed of sweet peppers, red onions and courgettes.
  • soliver854
    Options
    I like mine "Buffalo style." Spray a small fry pan with Pam, add 1/2 evoo and 1/2 butter [on medium heat] and several hearty splashes of Frank's hot sauce when the pan is hot. Cook halfway; flip, adding more hot sauce under the fish and finish cooking. VERY tasty!