want to share

Options
gisii
gisii Posts: 74 Member
hey all, so i have been drinking a cup of natural green tea, no sugar, every morning 30 mins before breakfast and it has jumped my metabolic rate.....

thought i shud share!

Replies

• LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    Which green tea do you drink?

I drink the lipton green tea has no calories =D
  • gisii
    Options
    yep the same one.... at firsti didnt like it bcuz i put no sugar in it.... but now i look forward to it every morning!
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    I put sugar in mine, tastes better.. Never tried it sugarless
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it maybe you are brewing it too long. Green tea only needs a very short time brewing otherwise the tannins come out and make it bitter. If you are using leaves just brew by pouring the boiled water in and give your pot a swirl then pour into cup. It should come out just lightly coloured. If using a tea bag (which is what I mainly use) just dunk once or twice then pull out. Green tea should not be brewed like your normal black tea. Try it, then you may be able to go without the sugar :happy:
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it maybe you are brewing it too long. Green tea only needs a very short time brewing otherwise the tannins come out and make it bitter. If you are using leaves just brew by pouring the boiled water in and give your pot a swirl then pour into cup. It should come out just lightly coloured. If using a tea bag (which is what I mainly use) just dunk once or twice then pull out. Green tea should not be brewed like your normal black tea. Try it, then you may be able to go without the sugar :happy:

Hey! Thanks for that advice! It helped a lot! I also drink another tea, Organic Oolong Tea or Wu Long Tea. Do I brew that the same as green tea?
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I drink Brit and Tang Pu'Er Ginger tea (I got bored with green). There are 5 calories per cup, but it's very tasty and is supposed to aid digestion and relieve mucular aches and pains (from the gym!!).

Happy tea drinking! :drinker:
  • gisii
    Options

Hey! Thanks for that advice! It helped a lot! I also drink another tea, Organic Oolong Tea or Wu Long Tea. Do I brew that the same as green tea?

i hate the wu long tea.... it makes me pee too much for no reason..... i stopped it awhile bak!
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

i hate the wu long tea.... it makes me pee too much for no reason..... i stopped it awhile bak!

LOL yea it does have that effect but I really enjoy it. It's a calming tea. My mother brews it the right way and although she has told me a thousand times how to do it, I manage to brew it differently than hers. I still love it though. lol