Dealing with a PICKY eater

Options
13»

Replies

• BluBecca
    Options
    Thank you for all of the replies and advice. I used to be picky too, but I am trying so hard to learn to eat healthier. There are days that I just want to say F* it. But I just want him to understand why I have to do this, and appreciate my efforts in trying to cook things that he will like too. I'm not trying to hide it from him. I'm not trying to force things on him. I do buy him vitamins and try to get him to take them, because he does have some health conditions. But I'm not his mom. I am his wife.

He grew up with a mother *believe it or not* who is pickier than him. She won't each cheese, tacos, corn, or pretty much anything. There stew consisted of meat and water. I couldn't imagine that. I grew up with a mom who cooked every meal and it was always something fantastic. Now his parents eat every meal at Dennys. So, I can kinda see where he gets it.

But I tried telling him your tastebuds change every 5 years and something you didn't like when you were young you might like now. I will stick to my guns and tell him "this is what's for dinner, if you don't like it I'm sorry". He needs to learn to pick things out, in my opinion.

I can't continue to just eat pasta, tacos with just meat and cheese, and fried crap. I need to lose weight and get healthy for myself and my future. If he doesn't want to do the same, I guess as hard as that is, I will have to let him do what he wants to do.
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Simple solution make him make his own meals and you for yourself, otherwise he can eat what you make and not complain. lol I was a similar way with my girl ways back and now I just enjoy what she chooses to make and feel lucky to have a meal.
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Quick solution:
    He cooks his meals.
    You cook your's.
    Done!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't think people are husband bashing per se.

My husband may not be on this journey with me, and that is fine. If he doesn't want to eat what I cook, he can make his own food.

I don't why you need to tata a grown man. .???