Hello Everyone - Day 1 has BEGUN... AGAIN...

Options
Hello everybody - My name is Evelyn and I am new to the site. I just started using the site yesterday to track my calorie intake and what a realization I received. I had oatmeal w/ splenda brown sugar for breakfast w/water , a blt wheat wrap w/ water for lunch, and a 6" tuna sub w/ water for dinner and a beef jerkey and chewing gum for snacks and went over 600 on my calories for the day. Not counting I drank a small juice and then some trail mix that I didn't add to the equation. So today is now DAY ONE, AGAIN... for like the millionth time. I'm so tired of starting over.... weight MANAGEMENT would be nice, not weight LOSS.

So today I've had my usual oatmeal w/ splenda brown sugar, a small/medium apple and water for breakfast and some extra chewing gum. For lunch I'm planning a salad or some tuna, and dinner a chicken breast and some vegetables, we'll see at the end of the day what my calories are looking like.

I'm also working out today - I haven't worked out in a couple of days and feeling sluggish and feeling bad from not working out, so today is also DAY ONE of exercising again. I plan on going running and then a swim.

Wish me luck ya'll. I currently weigh 188lbs. My goal weight is 160 or under. My first weigh in will be this Sunday and then measurements and weigh ins every Sunday thereafter.

I got to "win" this BATTLE.... it is most definately a WAR!

Replies

• lozzovsky
    Options
    Good luck!
  • wendyannhall
    wendyannhall Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If you keep up the good work, that 20 or so pounds will fly off! :)
  • angelk84
    angelk84 Posts: 1
    Options
    Dude .... stick to it ... mind over matter my friend ... !!
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    Good luck and stay motivated =]
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I just logged in my lunch, I had a grilled chicken breast and some peas with some water w/ crystal light. Then 2 pieces of gum to keep something in my mouth so I don't overeat. I have 460 calories left for the day. I'm thinking I can make today without going over. I plan on chicken breast again tonight and maybe some shrimp grilled as well. We'll see how it goes.
    I'm ready for my workout today - heading home to get my workout gear.
  • PecanTan
    PecanTan Posts: 47
    Options
    Hang in there and just remember take it one step at a time. You will reach your goal!!! Good luck
  • sunshinedays
    sunshinedays Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This site will certainly keep you motivated and if it takes a while to hone your eating habits, it will happen. Every day is a new beginning - feel good about yourself and you will reach your goal. Don't starve yourself because your body will rebel and store fat 'cos it's scared - sounds mad, but it's true. Even if you just go for a good walk each day, it will make all the difference. Small changes you make in your eating and activity you will not be too dramatic, but gradually it will become your lifestyle rather than a pain in the neck. Good luck.....YOU CAN DO IT:-)
  • sunshinedays
    sunshinedays Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This site will certainly keep you motivated and if it takes a while to hone your eating habits, it will happen. Every day is a new beginning - feel good about yourself and you will reach your goal. Don't starve yourself because your body will rebel and store fat 'cos it's scared - sounds mad, but it's true. Even if you just go for a good walk each day, it will make all the difference. Small changes you make in your eating and activity you will not be too dramatic,:smile: but gradually it will become your lifestyle rather than a pain in the neck. Good luck.....YOU CAN DO IT:-)
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Day 2: I have NO IDEA what to eat! Uggghhh....