"Cheesecake" Recipe

Options
ilovelucy711
ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
I have this recipe baking in the oven right now! I will let you know how it taste! The only difference I made was that my "cheesecake" is crustless.

Lemony Greek Yogurt Cheesecake

Yield: 1 9-inch cheesecake

Filling adapted slightly from Eat, Live, Run

Ingredients

For the crust:
•1½ cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies*
•2 tablespoons brown sugar
•1 teaspoon lemon zest
•3 tablespoons butter, melted

For the filling:
•2 cups full-fat or partial-fat Greek yogurt (not fat-free)
•⅔ cup sugar
•pinch of salt
•2 eggs
•2 teaspoons vanilla
•2 teaspoons lemon zest
•2 tablespoons lemon juice
•1 tablespoon cornstarch

Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch springform pan; set aside. (Note: If you want your cheesecake to easily come off the bottom of the springform pan, I suggest lining the bottom with parchment paper as well as greasing the sides. Skip ahead to 4:30 in this video to see how Alton Brown prepares his pans.)
2.In a small bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs, brown sugar and lemon zest. Add in the melted butter; stir until all of the crumbs are moistened. Turn into the prepared pan; use your fingers to tightly pack the crust into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
3.Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the filling ingredients. Blend until smooth and fully incorporated. Pour into the hot crust. Bake for 35 minutes.
4.Cheesecake is done when it is still slightly jiggly in the center but has a “done” look to it and the edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan. Be cautious not to overbake (or else, there goes your lovely texture!).
5.Let cheesecake cool, then chill for at least 2-3 hours in the fridge before removing springform.
6.Top with sliced fresh fruit.

http://eat-your-heart-out.net/2012/04/04/lemony-greek-yogurt-cheesecake/

Replies

• lindseym18
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Do you have the nutritional facts for this?
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do! It was about 157 calories per serving and it served 8 people. It had a wonderful lemon flavor, just I overbacked it so the texture was a little eggy.
  • nikkicormier82
    nikkicormier82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    mmmm cheesecake. Was thinking about cheesecake this morning!!! Thanks!