clean eaters - let's connect!

Options
looking for friends that are following the eating clean lifestyle.
i am very new to this and would love to learn from people that have more experience than i have.
at the same time, i'd like to learn this lifestyle with others that are just starting out, like i am.

Replies

• blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    There really isn't that much to know. It takes a while for you palate to adjust, at first food will taste a bit on the bland side (without the extra salt, sugar, and chemstry). Otherwise, invest in some good knives for chopping, a food processor for chopping, blending, and mixing (not manditory, but nice), and a good aersenal of spices and herbs.
    Clean eating is just eating food as close to the source as you can. Generally, choosing whole grain over whole wheat/white, reading ingredients for frankenfood ingredients (mono and di glycerides for ex). It takes extra time when you first start (plan twice the time in the grocery store to buy half as much). You'll miss your "snacks", but, that's part of why we're here right.. to cut down.
    Google recipies for what you want to eat, or go to wikihow, you can learn how to do almost everything there.
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am 80% clean eater, feel free to add me. =)
  • MyViolet
    MyViolet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have worked towards clean eating and I feel great. I am starting to lose the taste for process food! Great choice and a great life style!
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I dont find my food bland at all. I use lots of herbs and spices, and I use sea salt to season to my family's taste. I make lots of soups, stews, curries, and sauces and stirfrys from scratch.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Buy a food processor :) I finally bought one last month and I could kick myself for not getting one sooner. Chopping vegetables and grinding nuts is an absolute breeze now!
  • lammytee
    Options
    We found it quite easy to do this...grocery shopping got much easier. Not many processed foods really comes home with us so we do our shopping mostly around perimeter of grocery store. We do buy canned beans (green, waxed, black, kidney, 6-bean mix) but they are sodium-free and Greek yogurt. Oatmeal, whole grain bread and Greek yogurt are staples in our kitchen along with lean meats...mostly chicken and fish but we do have treat of red meat every couple of weeks.
    Once we found what recipes and food choices worked for us, it is routine now. Keeping things simple has made a big difference. We feel a big difference in general and surprisingly, food cravings have pretty well disappeared.