rotisserie chicken calculation

Options
I'm usually only cooking for one, me. I don't like spending more time cooking my meal than eating it, and I get tired of eating the same thing over and over. I've found that I like to slip the bread and just roll up some cheese slices with lunch meat mustard and a pickle. But the smell of lunch meat and the amount of odd ingredients listed for them makes me nervous.

In the past, when I wasn't counting calories, I would pick up a rotisserie chicken and pick off the white/breast meat and use that in sandwiches and what-not. I was thinking about using some of that chicken for my little roll-ups, but I'm not sure how to calculate the calories for the chicken. Any tips?

Replies

• bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale and weigh it and look up the calories in the food database.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have been cooking whole chickens in the crockpot that taste just like rotisserie chicken but the meat falls off the bones. I log these as Kroger rotisserie chicken and weigh my portions. Then I add water, some of the chicken and veggies to the left over broth and make a pot of soup. For about $4 I get about 6 chicken meals and 8 servings of soup.