Fat loss problem

Options
Ok so i'm soon to be 18 and since age 10 i'm kinda slightly over weight and i once lost 15 kg before 4 years ago by eating diet food and a lots of walks , but then i did it without any knowledge and i lost them within 9 months and now i'm 70 kg again (didn't watch my weight and ate whatever i wanted) and i really want to lose the fat again ... i mean i have a gym membership which i go for 3-5 times a week and i started the 30 day shred lately and i eat clean as much as i can and i drink as much water as i can and i really trying to eat enough calories , i really can't see a change in my weight and it drives me crazy because i do it all the healty way and there is no change while in the unhealty way i lost 15 kg ... somebody can help me?

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    You will have a hard time losing weight eating so little. Your body, effectively, thinks it's not going to get appropriate nutrition for a (possibly) long time and starts to adjust accordingly, slowing metabolism, etc. If and when you do lose weight, you will be losing muscle along with fat meaning you may end up at a lower weight but a higher body fat percentage than you were before you started.

You shouldn't ever be eating less than 1200 calories a day, and I'm highly dubious that anything under 1500 calories a day is wise or healthy, unless you're a midget.

Ps. don't eat a low or no fat diet, as dietary fat =/= body fat. Same premise, if you aren't getting dietary fat, your body holds on to its stores more tightly.

PPS. I'm assuming that your diary entries of under 1000 calories are correct. if you just didn't finish logging on those days, sorry for the misunderstanding.