when do you log your food?

Options
I try to add my food before I eat so I know how much I can eat.
I go to school and because of my celiac, I pack a lunch everyday. I sometimes know a day or more ahead what Im going to eat so I log it, If something changes, I adjust it.

Replies

• Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I try to log at least twice a day: afternoons and evenings. The toughest part is if I am unable to log on to the site or if I have a late evening. Then I have to backtrack.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I usually log my whole day either the night before or the morning. That way I know exactly what I'm eating for the day and how many calories I'm having.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Pre-plan my days the night before, adjust as I go. Not sure how else I'd stay on plan (like today...oi...)
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have MFP on my phone and as soon as I eat ANYTHING I log it so I know where I am sitting for calories as the day goes :) I am fanatical about logging, but I don't plan ahead enough to log ahead :p
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I log the night before based on what I've planned.
    I change as necessary during the course of the day.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Pre-plan my days the night before, adjust as I go. Not sure how else I'd stay on plan (like today...oi...)

Same here!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I log mine after every meal. That way I always know where I am. If I eat too much for breakfast and lunch I know I have to be extra careful at dinner or fit in some exercise after dinner.
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    The night before (including snacks), and I try to watch the overall average of macros for the week, not so much day-to-day.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I do usually plan ahead. Usually, I let myself play it by ear on weekend and one day is kept up in the air. I do still log, though. Today was a bad, bad day but, it's good. Feel like crap but, I will be okay.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Pre plan during the week, As-I-Go on the weekends.

Having MFP on my iPhone is a blessing.
  • naterar
    naterar Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I add mine as I eat or make it, I use the app on my phone and just scan in as I go. Then I go over it at the end of the day to make sure I got everything.
  • gillesse
    gillesse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I always log after every time I eat. I find it's easier for me to stay on track of my calories for the day.
  • DivineDee
    Options
    I log in my food usually the night before that way I know exactly what I'm going to eat and how much. If, not I do it early in the morning. Also, I have MFP on my phone if I need to make any adjustments. Doing the food log has really helped me stay within or a little below my calorie, fat, carb range. I'm usually above in protein.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Same here!
    ditto!!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I log after every meal and even in between, when I have a computer nearby....
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I log as I eat. I find it easiest that way. I can't preplan...
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I log dinners for the week on Sunday's. Since I do my dinner meal plan weekly, it makes it easier.

Sometimes I prelog my workout shake and lunch the day before as well. Especially if I am having leftovers for lunch. Easy to just copy it over.

Snacks I log before I eat them. I use them to fill in whatever I need and calories I am short on.
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    I have the app on my DROID too, the scanner if my favorite!!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I log my food first thing in the morning, before anything touches my lips. Then I can plan my meals & know what I'm eating for the whole day. It only takes a minute once you get going & the foods are under your regularly used foods. It keeps me on track.
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I log as I eat, except for the days I'm absolutely sure of what I'm having for dinner, then I'll log it as soon as I finish my lunch, so I know how much I have left in case I want an afternoon snack.