1,200 Calories no matter what?

Options
13»

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

Which has more protein: broccoli or steak? The answer may surprise you. It's broccoli.

For realsies?
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    To get the same protien from the Broccoli you would have to eat more than 600g. Thats almost 4 large heads of broccoli. Screw that, youd end up looking like you were pregenant with all that fermenting going on. I will take my chances with the steak!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to maintain my weightloss and prove everyone wrong who claims that a 1200 calorie diet will result in failure. First they claim I will plateau and I didn't. Now they claim I will gain it all back. I won't. Although, I'm sure nobody will admit to being wrong on here anyway. bleh
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to maintain my weightloss and prove everyone wrong who claims that a 1200 calorie diet will result in failure. First they claim I will plateau and I didn't. Now they claim I will gain it all back. I won't. Although, I'm sure nobody will admit to being wrong on here anyway. bleh

Thank you for your positive helpful post.

Oh, hang on .....
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    1200 is the default minimum on MFP...it won't tell you to go lower. It probably should be telling you to go a lot higher, but when you input your numbers, you told it you wanted to lose 2 lbs a week...right? 1200 is low, probably safely low for most people, but low. If you're exercizing and only aiming at 1200 cals, you really should be eating back a good portion of those burned calories. I don't know about the "dreaded starvation mode" stuff....but it can impact your metabolic rate, and make it harder to lose at all. One solution is to just slow down your weight loss goals....to a pound a week or even less. Your calorie allotment will go up, and you can make more sensible decisions about whether or not to eat back burned calories. Good luck...you CAN do this.