mizroxy13
mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
Try me!

themodestvegan.blogspot.com

Replies

• Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts are my new favorite food! I love them! Starting to actually crave them. If you would have told me that a few years ago I'd have thought you were crazy!
    What I do is steam them in my microwave steamer for a few minutes. Then I drizzle a bit of olive oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper on them. Pop them in the oven at 450 for a few minutes until they get a little brown and crispy they are soooo good!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I used to hate Brussels sprouts, now I really enjoy them. Not sure what happened.
    I can tell you that I don't care for them cooked in water as much as I do in broth.
    I just put a little chicken or beef broth in a small pan, added a layer of Brussels sprouts and cook until tender. Then I spray them with a couple squirts of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray.

Just don't let the moisture run out while cooking (like I did the last two times). The smell of scorched Brussels sprouts lingers for hours.
  • sltpsu15
    sltpsu15 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts are my new favorite food! I love them! Starting to actually crave them. If you would have told me that a few years ago I'd have thought you were crazy!
    What I do is steam them in my microwave steamer for a few minutes. Then I drizzle a bit of olive oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper on them. Pop them in the oven at 450 for a few minutes until they get a little brown and crispy they are soooo good!

I crave then too...so good! I wouldn't touch them up until a year ago. I tried them to be polite at a friends house. Have been hooked since!
  • mizroxy13
    Options
    Try them raw, like the recipe I just posted! I'm addicted too! :)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I love them.
    Maple glazed or with smoked mustard!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    i want to try as I have been hearing so many people rave about them. I used to HATE them as a kid. HATE.

but I'm willing to give it another go....
  • mizroxy13
    Options
    I love all your ideas!
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I halve them, coat with olive oil, salt and pepper, grill or roast 'em then sprinkle with feta or parmesan cheese. I like the burnt ones the best
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    is it true they make you a bit gassy?
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I've recently been buying & roasting them ....... soooooo good, wish I'd started years ago !

Guess this means I'm finally growing up :laugh:
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    they taste like mini cabbage to me; i told my 5 yr old they were mini lettuce heads (she loves lettuce) and now she begs me to buy them lol
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I like to steam them and eat them plain with a little hot sauce. My coworkers grown when I bring in the left-overs for lunch... They really stink up the place!!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I make these all the time; I think I'm addicted to them. I try very hard to share with my wife but inside, I want to chew her arm off so I can eat hers too!

http://cookieandkate.com/2012/roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-cranberries-and-barley/
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    What communist hates brussel sprouts they are like the frigginest greatest. So yummy with some butter, salt, and I like a lil vinegar.
  • figomezzo
    Options
    I like to cut them in half and then put them on a baking pan and drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on them. You bake them and they get all crispy and delicious.
  • dimestorediva
    Options
    cut an "X" in the bottom of them and cover them with orange juice and poach until tender. You won't believe how good they are.
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    brussels sprouts are awesome! My grandma sometimes fries them with a little bit of oil and onions,they are delicious when made like that!
  • annecat5
    Options
    Try them steamed in the microwave, drizzle a little butter flavored spray over them, garlic salt and if you want a little extra flavor, sprinkle just a bit of parmesan cheese on them. Yum!!!!!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    *Going to buy some after hating them since I was 2.....*