Heart Rate Monitors

Suggestions on which to buy? What to avoid?

Replies

• I got a Polar FT60 and am loving it. With HRM, you get what you pay for so don't buy the cheapest one you see!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I prefer Polar brand myself... The FT4 and FT7 are great but I upgraded to the FT60... Has a few more bells and whistles one of which is setting your V02 max for better accuracy...... Best of Luck
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    I'm loving my polar ft40 watch. I just got it for Christmas so I haven't figured everything out yet, but what I have I love. It is a awesome fitness tool.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    I have a Polar F4, I think. Its been great! I've had it over a year and no problems.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    There is a new one called mio alpha that doesn't require a chest strap. I'm considering replacing my Suunto.

http://www.alphaheartrate.com/#product
  • MinimizingMichelle
    MinimizingMichelle Posts: 96 Member
    Are any of you from Canada? Where did you buy your Polar?
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Polar is a good value. I have the FT4 and like it. I wouldn't buy a model that doesn't use a chest strap but that's just me. Suuanto is an excellent brand but costs more. I really like the Suuanto M5.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    I have a Polar F4 with the chest strap. its very accurate & the watch itself is small enough that you can wear it as your every day watch. I really like it.
  • kristafb

I'm in Nova Scotia & got mine at The Running Room. But any of the bigger sporting good stores should have them.
  • MinimizingMichelle
    MinimizingMichelle Posts: 96 Member

I'm in Nova Scotia & got mine at The Running Room. But any of the bigger sporting good stores should have them.

How much did you pay for yours?
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    I have a Polar FT7 and I love it!
  • kristafb

How much did you pay for yours?

MInes a few years old, think it was around $100 but go online & you should be able to find them near you.
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    I have the Polar FT40 and I LOVE it! I honestly can't even tell I have the chest strap on when working out, and I do all sorts of different exercises.