Insanity?

Options
No, I'm not asking if I'm crazy, I'm well aware of the fact that I'm wonderfully abnormal :heart: I'm thinking about getting the INSANITY DVDs and was wondering if any real, non-infomercial people have tried it and what they thought.

Replies

• cathyproteau
    cathyproteau Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just borrowed the DVD's from a friend today and I am planning on starting them tommorrow and I am excited and scared... lol I watched a couple and it is not going to be easy but I can see if you follow it for 60 days and eat healthy it will make a huge diff in your body... it has to !! ... I have googled and seen a lot of actual people before and after pics and it seems to work .. Good luck with your venture to Insanity lol Keep me updated if you do them !!

Cathy
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    I think it's normal to be scared a little. Even the mystery voice man on the 'mercial says that it's not easy... Good luck to you too, and I will keep you updated :) Btw, I'm curious, you said that you borrowed them from a friend, does that mean that it was too much for you friend? I just don't want to drop $120 on something I'm unable to use...
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Look on you tube there are a couple of different people that are working out to the video. I've done them and they will make work for it. Give them a try and be the judge. before you buy.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    Look on you tube there are a couple of different people that are working out to the video. I've done them and they will make work for it. Give them a try and be the judge. before you buy.
    oooohhhh I like the way you cheat-I...I mean THINK! I'll definitely have to do that. Thank you!! Please accept this e-flower that will never die, rot, or need a pot (hey I'm a poet!) :flowerforyou:
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Its a great cardio program, hard but fun. Not for beginners in my opinion. Feel fee to check out my photos I have a collage of b4 and almost photos they first two are from Jillian Michaels body revolution which I highly recommend and the last from my insanity progress, feel free to email me if you have any questions
  • addywatson
    Options
    Doing vigorous exercise is indeed an insanity. One should do it until you're enjoying it. Don't exaggerate the exercise, your body can't handle much more pressure. Dancing is another way to keep your body fit and makes it flexible.

ballroom dance orange county
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    Its a great cardio program, hard but fun. Not for beginners in my opinion. Feel fee to check out my photos I have a collage of b4 and almost photos they first two are from Jillian Michaels body revolution which I highly recommend and the last from my insanity progress, feel free to email me if you have any questions
    thanks! will do! :)
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    Doing vigorous exercise is indeed an insanity. One should do it until you're enjoying it. Don't exaggerate the exercise, your body can't handle much more pressure. Dancing is another way to keep your body fit and makes it flexible.

ballroom dance orange county
    Oh honey, I'm already flexible, but that's neither here nor there...:blushing:
    Don't go overboard. Got it! I'm w/the first reply, I'm nervous and scared (and I think I just peed a little)
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second week. I love it but it's really really hard. I decided to get it because I know I need to work on cardio/ my heart, & I wanted something intense that would give quicker results. I've only lost 1lb in 2 weeks, but I LOOK like I lost a lot more, & I feel different already in a good way. After the first week I was in the shower & noticed how different my tummy was. I joined a couple Insanity groups on MFP for motivation & support. Some people lost 3 or 4lbs the first week, but it's also really common to not see much of a change on the scale, but more in measurements - which I am A OK with right now! I'm guessing this means I'm getting some muscle while burning some fat, which is a good thing too because more muscle mass helps with your metabolism.

Insanity is pretty intimidating, but the big thing you have to remember is do everything at your own pace. There are some people that have been really out of shape or really really overweight & aren't able to do much in the beginning, but if you're consistent, you notice that you're able to do more sets, or do them better, or get through more of the workout. You're encouraged to drink water when you need or to take breaks if your heart rate gets too high. There are several different types of workouts & you get a calendar schedule for which days to do what. It's 60 days/ 2 months. The 2nd month there are a couple more harder workouts. I haven't gotten to that part yet, & I'm debating on doing the 1st month over again before I go do the 2nd month, just because it IS hard & I want to be able to do a better workout & more of it. But whenever I do finish the 2 month program, I'm definitely going to do it again. It really works you no matter what level you're in. The workouts are about 40 minutes long & there's no equipment.
    Oh, I also got mine off Amazon for about $80 I think, so I saved a bit off the full price. It still came with everything, including the calendar & nutrition guide.
    Hope all that helps. :)
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    Thanks! That does help a lot, actually. That's great that you're noticing such a drastic positive change in your body and I wish you the best of luck!