Michelle bridges 1200 cals thoughts???

Options
So at the moment my friend an I are about to start a Michelle bridges 12 week program and I'm looking for thoughts on this

Her food has me eating about 1200cals
For exercise I aim for 600cals per day Wednesdays is more like 1500 (I do a class in the morning then 2 at night)

Am I going to die? It's only 10 weeks an in that time I want to lose about 10kg which is what Iv put on over the past few months

Has anyone done her 1200 cal programs and survived lol

Replies

• cleanandlean2012
    cleanandlean2012 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat between 1000 - 1200. My diet is mostly made up of veg, fruit and protein. I feel super and have lost weight and inches. Have gone from UK 22 dress to UK16. Still a long way to go, but yes you can survive!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    People do survive her program. Personally it wouldn't suit me. I don't think you will die, but I would worry about stress on your body. I worry about the ones that do each round, as they seem to not have the off season anymore. On the plus side the food actually looks quite balanced. If you want to do it, keep a big eye on how you are feeling. How much do you weigh now?
  • saram589
    saram589 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies

I weigh 83ish kg now

At my lightest I was 72kg that was less thn six month ago!

I would really like to get back to 72kg by middle of may this year
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've read her "Lose the Last 5 Kilos" and it seemed pretty good. Personally I think I would be really hungry but why not try it and see. If you're genuinely starving make a rule with yourself like you're allowed an extra 250 calories of protein or something like that. Good luck :smile:
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've read her "Lose the Last 5 Kilos" and it seemed pretty good. Personally I think I would be really hungry but why not try it and see. If you're genuinely starving make a rule with yourself like you're allowed an extra 250 calories of protein or something like that. Good luck :smile:

That is a good idea.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You would be burning more than you are consuming on some days? Having net calories would not be good for you, and while you're only doing it for a short time, you may not have as many health risks as someone who wants to do it long term. I would suggest eating back exercise calories at the very least. You will likely get very tired and cranky (maybe not, peoples' reactions to low cal seems to be different).

Beyond that, diets don't work. Many people who do something just for a few weeks will gain the weight back as soon as they stop. So, they either gain weight or go back to doing what they were doing (reread the above about how doing it for long periods of time is dangerous). I would just look at creating a moderate deficit and looking for healthy loss.

I know challenges can be fun, but sometimes they aren't worth it; especially if they aren't healthy. I joined a challenge in January because I thought it would motivate me. But, it's a lot of "do these extra things to burn more calories", to which I think if I burn more, I just have to eat more, and I may not want to. Meh. People are showing great loses, but it's not a race to the finish line. It's a group for people with a lot of weight to lose, so it's easier to lose larger amounts, but losing quickly can lead to rebounding and loose skin. That's not worth it to me. I'm going because it's motivating me to take progress pics, but that's it.

I'd reconsider your challenge with your friend. Then, read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12