End of the world food....

Options
mikeyrp
mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
I watched 'Seeking a friend for the end of the world' at the weekend (Great film) - and it got me thinking - if you found out the world was going to end in three weeks - how would it affect your health and fitness regime?.

Honestly - I can't work out if I would start binging on food and alcohol, or if I would stubbornly insist that I continue to act healthy and get the max out of the time I could...

I might be tempted to get on my race bike and cycle round the country seeing all my friends and family but also saying goodbye to all the the world itself...

I definitely wouldn't want to spend it all in a drunk stupor.

I would not be using the scales!

Replies

• bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    mexican food and margaritas!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the movie your talking about so I'm confused if there is a 100% chance the world will end or if it is something like a meteor or a sickness that wipes out 90% of the population, if not everyone and/or creates a cloud that eventually sends us into a ice age?

So, if I knew there was a chance of surviving I would keep exercising as much as I could and store nutritious foods. I would eat pretty much whatever I wanted because more than likely manufactured things like snack cakes wont be around long. I would also store sugars and yeast to make alcohol as to barter for better food later on.

If it were the end of the world with a 100% chance everyone would die. I wouldn't exercise because it would take away time from my family. I would eat a lot of sugary foods and take out. haha.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Not sure I would even think about food, unless it was something my kids wanted to eat. I think I would do absolutely everything they wanted to. Disney World and ride Space Mountain over and over until we vomit?Yes. Absolutely. Stay up all night playing Mario Brothers? Sure, why not this one time. Get a puppy? Heck, I say we get ALL the puppies. Eat ice cream for breakfast and pizza every dinner? MMMMMM, goooood. Dye your hair bright pink? I bet you'll be cute as a bug's ear. Swim on the beach at midnight when it's freezing? Sure, let's go loot RonJon for a wetsuit. Skate park at 3 am? Sounds fun! Princess dress in Mommy's size? Let's go for it.

You get the idea.

This movie was one of the most moving pieces I've seen in a while. So touching and so sad and sweet.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I joke now that the end of the world is why I'm getting in shape to begin with. I want to be one of the survivors (preferably one of the only few males left alive) so keeping up with my health is probably going to be a focus.

However, if there was a 100% guarantee that the entire world was going to blow up or whatever, and no chance of survival...then I would probably splurge a bit more. Road trip most likely.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Having watched the movie, I'd be headed to TGI Friday's to tell them it's my birthday . . .
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    As we all know, it the Zombie Apocalypse thats going to end the world as we know it.

This is the main reason I'm working on becoming a fitter more agile human being.

Ive read Day Z, watched 28 days/weeks later, The walking dead, and i feel I'm well prepared........almost.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Having watched the movie, I'd be headed to TGI Friday's to tell them it's my birthday . . .

I think they'd be closed as would everywhere, why bother working if you've only got 3 weeks left?!
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    In the movie - the world is coming to a definitive end with no chance of survival (Collision with a large asteroid).

And if you saw it you would definitely be heading out to that restaurant (I think it was a Friendlies rather than a TGI Fridays)
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    In the movie - the world is coming to a definitive end with no chance of survival.

And if you saw it you would definitely be heading out to that restaurant (I think it was a Friendlies rather than a TGI Fridays)

^ That's right - it was a look-a-like named "Friendsy's". Yes. There.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I would eat cheese.

I haven't worked out the other details, but I'm sure it would all fall into place.

Once I had all of the cheese in my possession, at least.
  • mikeyrp
    Options

I haven't worked out the other details, but I'm sure it would all fall into place.

perhaps you could hide under it?
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

perhaps you could hide under it?

I could make a cheese igloo. Room for friends and family. Yes, excellent.
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    You would spend your last minutes as a fondue....
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'd start drinking all the wine and champagne I try to stay out of because of the calories.