Home work out.... Which one to buy/do?!?!? HELP!!!

Options
I am looking to buy an at home work out dvd system and I am unsure what is worth the money........ I need this to be beneficial for not only me but my husband as well.................... Help please!!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    insanity!
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i like the 30 day shred, and my boyf does it as well (even though she refers to 'us girls' all the time). it's 20 mins so is good if you're busy. but i like to mix it up with some general cardio in between, as just doing the 30DS makes you lose size but not weight which can be depressing (i know it's the muscle gained that weighs more etc before the haters jump in)

however, SO many workout dvds are on youtube (including 30DS), so i suggest you try a few and then buy the one you like best.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser DVDs are great.....they really work you.....Bootcamp is awesome!
  • TodayYesterday
    TodayYesterday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When you choose, make sure to check what equipment it needs.
  • chelivia7
    chelivia7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love the Zumba dvd's for cardio. Other fantastic ones are Bob Harper's Kettlebells (be sure to have proper instruction on form), Rodney Yee for Yoga. The 8 minute series is great for days when you don't have a lot of time or want to add a bit more to another workout. Short but effective. :)
  • wade78
    wade78 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with Jillian Michaels. I started with 30 Day Shred (you dont even have to buy this, its on youtube), moved on to ripped in 30 and I've started her Body Revolution. The first two are cheap to buy. The Body Revoulition is very expesnsive so make sure you are commited to get your money's worth.

I've had some great results with JM and her work outs are typically 20-30 mins long. I really love doing them and this is coming from someone who would rather walk over hot coals than work out!!

Best of luck
  • cwill33
    cwill33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Power 90 has been great for me so far.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser DVDs are great.....they really work you.....Bootcamp is awesome!

I totally agree! I also like anything by Sean T (hip hop abs is my fav!) and anything by Billy Blanks.
  • karenh
    karenh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The Firm Express DVD set...12 dvd's each 20 minutes long. Cardio, sculpt and cardio/sculpt. They have a thin in 30 day program with these to get started. You do cardio, kickboxing moves, plyometrics etc. and don't need a lot of equipment...just some hand weights. I have knee troubles and con modify exercises when needed. Also does cardio bursts to kick up your heart rate and burn fat. I love them, they are actually fun, especially the kickboxing moves! I have lost 12.5 pounds in less than a month using these and following fitness pal. Good Luck!

Here's a link to check to out:

http://www.firmdirect.com/firm/ecs/main/firm-express-get-thin-in-30.html
  • hon3yd0g
    hon3yd0g Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    im doing a 60 minute workout high intensity workout.thats good.x
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    We both really liked Chalean Extreme when we did it.
  • Alexfit12
    Options
    It really depends in what shape you are. I think Insanity is the most challenging and it will help you lose weight fast (plus it requires no equipment). P90X is the complete package, with strength, cardio, balance and flexibility.

Both of these are challenging, but if you are up for it, there is nothing batter.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I cannot recommend 30DS enough I lost 15lbs and 17inches in two rounds, so 60 days. Although I did 5 days on, 2 days rest so it took a lot longer than that. It's a good workout.

In my rest week of Insanity, it's really good as well!
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I'll add Billy Blanks to the list. I love his workouts and they arent all high impact which is great for people with ankle/knee problems
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cathe Friedrich is awesome! www.cathe.com
  • Aweymouth
    Aweymouth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you like but I love Les Mills Combat!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Blogilates is fun and pushes you really hard! Its free on youtube :) Every month she (Cassey) makes a calendar telling you what workouts to do each day! Its motivating and fun and hard! Look it up on youtube, she's lovely !!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels. The ones I use the most are Killer Buns and Thighs, Kickbox Fast Fix, Extreme Shed and Shred, and Ripped in 30. I also do a bit of Body Revolution and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism from time to time.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity right now and its an awesome workout. It seems pricy but you get 10 DVDs.

I also have done 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30.
  • eastonna
    eastonna Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use Turbo Fire and it's fantastic. I highly recommend it. Pricey but it's more than worth it.