Im new and i LOVE LOVE LOVE my food!!!!!!

Options
Im new and i LOVE LOVE LOVE my food!!!!!!.....well...hello ladies (and gents??)...im michelle and im 26...after having 4 babies in 5 yrs my weight has crept up. up and up....after telling my lovely man i weighed 11/half stone for the last 8 months i have now come clean lol....at 13 stone im now feeling uncomFATable!!!
but i love my food...all of it....anything goes...sweet saveroy..pickled...spicy....god knows how im going to do this????....i would love to hear from anyone sharing their tips to help me along the way... i cant affoerd to go to a club or the gym...but my doc has referd me to a diettition?...but the app could be ages yet....so here i am!...love forward to hearing from u, well im off to cook my dinner now....prawn stirfry yum yum :)) xxxlove mich xxx

Replies

• Moneygrow3
    Options
    There are great DVD's you can do at home and don't take much time! I love the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels! She also has a great yoga one as well! As far as food, it is hard! You really have to set your mind to it and stick to it!!! I highly recommend the book, Eat this, Not that! It is awesome!!!! Changed my whole way of thinking about food! good luck! you are in the right place for support and motivation!!! =) Congrats on getting started!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

From one foodie to another...you CAN do this! My whole life revolved around food. I LOVE it! I love cooking it, eating it, thinking about it. I love planning menus for special events and holidays....

BUT...now .... I still love it in a different way. I still enjoy all the foods I used to...I just portion control and I alter my recipes to make them healthier. As I get more into this, my frame of mind has changed from feeling food is an indulgent luxury to food is a necessary fuel for my body. I started eating cleaner and I was doing it without too much thought or effort.

I dont go to a gym or fitness club either. I do all my exercising at home. I have some DVDs that I use, but before I bought them, I walked. Walked, walked, walked everywhere I could for as long as I could.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Welcome!

I too am a foodie. So is my hubby. But one thing that we have found is that we are eating better! The food is soooo good that we've been making.

www.eatingwell.com

They have some great recipes and some very tasty meal ideas. And all of the calorie counts. It's all about moderation, unless you are choosing to go all natural and organic. I can't really do that cuz of the cost, but even so I find we eat a lot more fresh veggies. I'm really enjoying the food, honestly. Keep an eye on the recipe board as well - there are a lot of ways to convert your faves to be healthier and still not lose a lot on taste.

Good luck!
  • wsucheergirl
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this as well. I, like you, love great tasting food. To start off, I've tried to limit my portions of the food and make simple substitutions for what I normally eat. I figured if I tried to change too much all at once that I'd go crazy with cravings for fatty foods.
    I'm working my way to more fruits and vegetables for snacks instead of Cheez it's and such, but I'm doing it slowly. For example, I've replaced the Chees it's with fat free pretzels. Still not the greatest snack, but much better than what I was eating before. I've replaced my hot pockets with lean pockets and starting buying only low-fat cheese in stead of regular.
    I was already working out pretty consistently before I joined this site and started watching my calories, so I attribute the majority of my weight loss to eating better.
    Hope that info helps.

BTW, what's a stone? (13 stone)
  • lisataborrice
    lisataborrice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    After a hard first week your body will start to give up the love and cravings and it will be easier. Once you start counting the calories on the food you love, love, love you will see how much they didn't love you back. Guilt of cheating is very powerful once you have to log it in to the food diary. Good luck!
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    13 stone is 182lb

We use stones in the UK :) A stone is 14lb
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    You can still have your food. You're just going to be eating less of it. I think I actually enjoy my food more now than I did before. For one thing, I eat a lot slower than I used to. That helps me to feel more satisfied on a smaller amount. For another, I schedule a cheat day every week or 2 so I can have things I don't allow myself most of the time. I have recently started cooking more family dinners. I just make sure to measure my portion out and not let myself have seconds or thirds like I used to. The cool thing about working out, is my body is craving exercise in a way that it used to crave food. I love to work out, enjoy my dinner, take a long hot bath, drink my tea, and read a book before bed. I sleep much better than I used to. I also have a ton of energy I didn't have when I was 20 years younger.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new . I have been here for few week sand love this site. I would love to have some good MPF friends for fitness, health, and nutrition advice, and just to chat with someone who is going through the same thing.
    Thanks all'
  • tubbalubs
    Options
    182lb...u sure lol.....13 stone sounds better lol....

Thanks for ur replys, im looking at all ur little units at the bottoms showing how much uv lost and im like wow!!
    i HOPE I CAN DO THIS I HAVE NO WILL POWER AT ALL..I HAVE A DVD SO IM (oh bugger sorry for caps!!)....i have a dvd so im going to dust that off!!! but im quite embarressed at the thought of exceriseing in front of my man...even tho weve been together 10 yrs......well....thanks again and talk soon xxxx
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love food as well. I cant do the really restricting calorie intake diets. I do lowcarb/atkins. I love it. You can eat pretty much all the meat you want, which fills you up fast, and then vegetables. I did it a year ago and lost from 200-169 in a matter of like three months, but then went straight back to eating crappppp foods, and gained back. I this time am going to do the atkins way, but once i get close to goal start to transition into really watching my calorie intake..

Good luck! :]
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    Okay let's be honest, who does not love, love, love food? If we did not, we probably would not all be on this site (ha, ha, ha). You start off by taking baby steps, you start to see changes in your weight, and your body and then you want to do more to see more changes.

As for exercising - your man will get excited to see you exercising and be proud of you that you are doing something for yourself, but obviously will benefit him as well!!!:)

Take it one day at a time and try and find new inventive ways to lose the weight - be sure to post them on here so we can all learn new things!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im also new, and have joined myfitnesspal to step up my weight loss. Strength training has been really key in my weight loss so far,and though its meant I havent lost as many lbs, I have lost inches and dropped body fat quite alot. Filling water bottles with sand would do as cheap weights, and magazines like women's fitness and womens health have some great workouts in. I've dropped around half a stone, and want to lose about another stone, so hoping myfitnesspal will help. I must confess I got into stride by working out with a personal trainer (they had a special new year deal on at my gym), but cleaning up my diet has been great, and Im no longer craving the sugar I was when I started.

My best piece of advice that my trainer passed to me is to base your meals around your workout. I usually workout in the mornings, so tend to eat a bigger lunch whilst my metabolism is up, and then eat a lighter meal in the evening, and control the amount of carbs...may seem a bit hard, but trust me,I though it would be really hard at first not having things like pasta for dinner, but its made me more imaginative with what I eat:)