A week in and loving it

Options
So it's been a week since starting the P90x workout, i am mainly using it for the strength training. For the other days I am using body for life running program and going to start flexibility by doing pilates. I am way too stiff and it annoys me as I was a diver in high school and very flexible. Can't even touch the toes at this point.
I am 28 year old male living in Colorado. I love the mountains, but unfortunately don't use them as often as I should (working on it though). I am a skinny fat guy meaning i am 5'11" about 150lbs depending on the day. No muscle mass with a pudgy belly that annoys the hell out of me! My beginning goals are to make it two weeks tracking foods and drinks along with two weeks of not missing a workout. Next after that is not ruining the great start while I vacation in Mexico (gonna need some serious self control). My ultimate goal is to get below 12.5% body fat (Currently at 21%) and gaining some nice muscle mass during this time. My goal weight is a healthy 160 and if i can get more I will take it, but that will come with time.

Tracking my food is always difficult as I guesstimate, but no longer will this be a problem as I have ordered a food scale and it should arrive tomorrow so I can be more accurate. Eating enough calories in the day has proven more difficult so I am going to have to incorporate a protein drink or do the shakeology program through beachbody. It's too difficult to cook that much when I am traveling between my home and the town where I work.

I currently work nights starting 2200 the previous day through 0600 the following. This makes my food journal awkward as I eat dinner first followed by breakfast then lunch. Strange huh!?

Anyways glad to be aboard and can't wait to see some results. Good luck to everyone in completing their short term goals to eventually make the long term ones!

Replies

• WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress and keep up the good work!! Feel free to add me for support :) Have a great day!