Diet Devotion - March 20

Options
Psalm 55:16
As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me.

We went around the circle, telling about the diet plans we had tried. Most of the people said they had no luck, no matter what they tried. I was the only one who had succeeded in losing a considerable amount of weight. Everyone looked expectantly toward me when my time came. I smiled shyly and said, 'The only thing that I did differently from any of you was to pray. I didn't trust any of the diet plans I saw, so I turned to God, instead. You all can try what you want to, but as for me, I'm going to keep putting my faith in God. He's why I'm thin now.'
Today's thought: When all else fails; try God!
~crosswalk.com, devotional for dieters

Replies

• PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    Psalm 55:16
    As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me.

We went around the circle, telling about the diet plans we had tried. Most of the people said they had no luck, no matter what they tried. I was the only one who had succeeded in losing a considerable amount of weight. Everyone looked expectantly toward me when my time came. I smiled shyly and said, 'The only thing that I did differently from any of you was to pray. I didn't trust any of the diet plans I saw, so I turned to God, instead. You all can try what you want to, but as for me, I'm going to keep putting my faith in God. He's why I'm thin now.'
    Today's thought: When all else fails; try God!
    ~crosswalk.com, devotional for dieters
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    Amen. That's the key to everything.....dieting, finances, work.........
  • PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    "When all else fails; try God!"

yep this is some good advice, but I've often wondered how different my life would have been if I wouldn't have waited "till all else failed" and would have tried God first!! I try to remember that every day now...God is not my last resort, but my first priority!!
    ~Pam
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank for sharing, That's my pray everyday.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    loved this post! Keep them coming:smile: