Enchiladas

Options
sollygirl
sollygirl Posts: 107
Hey everyone, I wanna make enchiladas in the crock pot. Have any of you ever made them this way? If yes how do you make yours?

Thanks in advance!!

-Sara

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    I haven't made 'em that way, but I do love enchiladas! eat.gif
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i dont think you can.....if you do it in a crock pot they will get all soggy...they way your suppose to do it is in the oven....you get a regular size cake pan, get the corn tortillas if you want cheese or meat in them get all that ready before hand...get your corn tortillas fry them a little just so they dont break when you are rolling them..once your done with the tortillas get whatever it is you want to put in them put a little of the chicken/beef/cheese etc in the middle and just roll it then put in the cake pan with the end of the loose tortilla on the bottom of the pan once your done putting all your enchilades in the pan get your enchilada sauce heat it up a little on the stove and then once its hot pour it on top on the enchilades and then bake them for about 30 mins. you can also put cheese on the top of the enchilades once your done putting the sauce on.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    You could always cook your filling in the crock pot and then heat up tortillas and let people stuff their own enchiladas. That would be fun! I might have to try that... :drinker:
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Hi there! A good friend of mine posted this recipe on another website not long ago, and it is AMAZING.

Crockpot Cheese Enchiladas
    • 3-4 cans enchilada sauce
    • Approximately 20-30 Corn tortillas
    • Colby Jack cheese (use as much or as little as you want)
    • 2 packages of cream cheese
    • Cilantro to taste (if using fresh you will need less than using dried)

Soften the cream cheese to a sour cream consistency. Mix the cilantro with the cream cheese. Cover the bottom of the crock pot with a thin layer of enchilada sauce. Dip 2 corn tortillas in the enchilada sauce until completely covered. Place the corn tortillas in the crock pot. Place one heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture on top of the tortillas. Add Colby jack cheese. Dip 2 more tortillas in the enchilada sauce and place on top of the cheeses, making sure you press down to spread the cream cheese. Continue layering ingredients. For the final layer place the corn tortillas in the crock pot, drizzle with extra enchilada sauce and top with Colby jack cheese.

Cook in the crock pot on high until bubbling/cheese melted (usually 2 hours) or on low for a longer period of time.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Sounds great thanks! I don't think I"m going to use the cream cheese, I'll just layer it like the mexican lasagna I make, yumm!

~Leash :heart:
  • sollygirl
    sollygirl Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks for your replies i found a recipe in one of my cook books now im just trying to decide if i should make them in there or my normal oven way.?.?