2-Ingredient Oatmeal "Cookies"

Options

Replies

• DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I made them, they were nasty. But to each their own.
  • JMSemones
    JMSemones Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do the same thing and use a chocolate cake mix along with the pumpkin. Then use cupcake pans and make Chocolate Brownie Muffins...saw it on Food Network T.v.....looked good.
  • gardenbird
    gardenbird Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • simplicity2005
    Options
    i love oats.....will try these tonight
  • hrubyk1804
    Options
    You know, I made these last night and they were okay. I'm wondering if maybe my bananas weren't ripe enough....
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melissawaters
    melissawaters Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    save
  • scorpfem
    Options
    Yum I am definately going to try this. I think I will add some cinnamon also. :)
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    How many calories? As a pastry chef I prefer the real deal. But I will try anything once.
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Can I use the Quaker packaged oatmeal instead of quick oats?

I didn't have any 'real' oats and just made these with a sachet of golden syrup oats, two bananas and stuck in 15g of banana protein powder and 10g of chopped nuts and they worked really well. Quite squishy and not really like a biscuit but really tasty. Mine ended up being 54cal/98mg potassium/1g fat/2g protein. Can definitely see a few bits of tweaking but as a 'read this, saw the bananas in the bowl, had a go' thing they worked well :smile:

Edit: that made 8 2"-ish 'cookies'
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I tried these, and added craisins, orange extract, and some cinnamon. Adding spices and flavoring really helps the flavor.

I used rolled oats and they didn't seem to be soaking up the bananas moisture, so I put them in the microwave for about half a minute at half power (enough to get the banana warm and runny) and then let them sit. I think that helped the texture
  • brookrd1
    brookrd1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy gonna try :-)
  • 5Changes
    5Changes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    yummy - tried the original version first, and now I'm looking forward to experimenting with extra add-ins next time!
  • deb2799
    Options
    I cut recipe in half, added vanilla, cinnamon, and a tablespoon of PB2. Not too bad, i do feel like it needs some sweetness to it, but that is just me
  • slynn906
    slynn906 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Update!
    Did this with 2 tbsp of nutella. Delicious. :)
  • Minu135
    Options
    Bump!