SO DISCOURAGED!

Options
OK I am a bit upset today! I gained a pound back! I know people hit a plateau at some point and I figured my time was coming cause I had lost 23lbs, but now I have GAINED a pound, WTH! My scale hasn't gone in that direction for a while and I am finding it a little hard to swallow especially since I have not been slacking one bit!! I have been logging my food every single day and exercising 5-6x a week and if for some reason I can't get a workout in, I make sure I do not go over my calories.....so what gives!!
:sad:

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Is it time for TOM to visit? Could be water weight.
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    I hear you on that! I have been having a rough time myself. Two weeks ago I gained a pound and this week I lost nothing. My husband just keeps telling me to push harder on the exercise. It's just not that cut and dry or easy.
  • randy1968
    randy1968 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried changing your workout? Are you eating enough calories?
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    You could be gaining MUSCLE... which is GOOD!!! the more you have the more fat you burn.... Keep you're chin up and don't rely so much on the scale, but more how you feel, how your clothes fit, etc....You are doin an amazing job at this new lifestyle... Keep it up... I believe in you, and I have faith you believe in your self.....

Take Care
  • fatfreedee
    fatfreedee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find that sometimes...if I've been keeping to the same exercise and calories in...the metabolism gets sluggish. This may sound strange, but at times like these I've taken a day and had ONE splurge meal. Whatever I want...definitely a higer calorie day...then I go right back to what I was doing before. I don't know why this works...some say it jolts the metabolism to keep it guessing. Whatever the reason, I've done this several times and it has worked wonders. Also worked wonders for making me realize that once in awhile...splurges are good. Just don't go overboard and splurge for the whole day! Good luck!

126022.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...it may be time for TOM, hmmm? LOL I am def eating my calories but not going over. Maybe i do need to change up my workouts I always change it up from day to day but I have noticced myself getting a little bored with my workouts recently, that doesn't mean i haven't been pushing myself at the still tho! Thank you all for your support, I really needed it today and I will not give up!!! At weaverc...don't they (husbands) just make you crazy sometimes, if it were just that easy, right!!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed with your results! I am in that plateau area--haven't been able to get below 167 for more than a week and sometimes I go up a few ounces. Now, on to your subject: Everyone has given you good ideas--I'll add some more. Is your body sometimes slow eliminating food? That can re-add a bit of weight. My doctor tells me to drink lots of fruit juice on those days. I always try to have somewhere close to 20 grams fiber per day. And I try to push water and other fluids every day. These, with the other suggestions, might help. (Or, maybe you gained a pound of muscle--which is always a good thing.) You have become my new inspiration. You can do it.
  • shellee9tj
    Options
    Hmmm, that sounds like fun.....maybe I will give it a try, thanks!
  • shellee9tj
    Options
    Ummm, YES!! I am not "Rachel Regular" never have been LOL so perhaps that could be an issue as well, but I am always OVER on my fiber count which I don't get AND I eat a ton of "ruffage" probably TMI in this one but oh well I feel like we are all family on here HAHAHA!! Thanks you for your amazingly kind words by the way, can't say I have EVER been anyone's inspiration, WOW!! By the way...you're not too shabby yourself, only 20lbs to go, you rock!!!
  • shellee9tj
    Options
    At fatfreedee...that sounds like it might be fun to slurge, maybe I will give it a try but I will not overdo it don't worry!!