why did i just go to the sweety Jar :(

Options
So i have been doing really well, 18lbs loss in 4 weeks and have been sticking to 1200 calories a day although i have been under quite alot. I plan to up my cals to 1200 just to see if it makes a difference.

Anyway i have been so good, in fact the only treat i had was a bottle of wine saturday night until just now!! I dont know what made me do it :( i went to the kitchen to defrost the pork for my tea tonight and for some reason i decided to get down the sweetie jar and eat a lollipop and 3 sweets. I know it's not alot but im the sort of person that when i have a blip it screws me for about a week and i just go right back to old habits!!

Of course i dont plan to do that but what can i do to stop me impulse eating x

Replies

• darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Time to toss the sweety jar and probably up your calories a bit. You're more likely to binge or impulse eat when you're not getting enough calories.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Take anything you junk food out of the house and into the trash. And remember, one little slip (especially a small one) won't make a big difference if you do it once in a while. I heard this analogy here a while ago, say you're driving your car and you hit something and your car gets slightly damaged. Are you just going to say *kitten* it and smash it into everything else you see? That's essentially what you're doing when you let one little slip up ruin your whole diet.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Time to toss the sweety jar and probably up your calories a bit. You're more likely to binge or impulse eat when you're not getting enough calories.

this!

it may sound harsh, but you control your impulses... you chose to eat those sweets... you need to ask yourself why, not us!
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Quick!!!! Start drinking lots and lots and lots of water and get rid of that sweetie jar! Sugar is one of the MOST addicting things there is. And once we start into it we just keep wanting it. It is possible the wine triggered this urge for the sweets. It sounds like your food intake is very very low so your brain is telling you it's starving and needs sugar. Sugar is a very refined carb. Carbs are what our bodies turn into glucose to feed our brains. With sugar it's pretty much instant. The other thing with sugar is it's a "pleasure" so sometimes we go for it even if we're not hungry. But one way or the other, once we start, our body starts making insulin to process the glucose and that can become a cycle. So flush it out with water. Put lemon in the water if you have it. OR... if none of this seems to apply to you and you don't think you're going to keep wanting the sugar now, just allow yourself a sweet or two, count the calories, and don't sweat the small stuff!
  • charlenelockhart3
    Options
    Thank you, i would but there my husbands sweets, i don't think he'd be very happy xx