From 270 to 144 and a year with MFP!

Options
spfldpam
spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
A year ago today I joined MFP and weighed 270 pounds. In a year I have lost 126 pounds and around 55 inches! Not done yet, I want to get to 130 and then maintain for my 5'4" height. So thankful for MFP and all the friends I have made on here. If I ever figure out how to post pics on here I will post before and after ones.

Replies

• srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    Wow that's great! I would love to see pics. how did you lose weight so fast?
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I would love to see pictures of your transformation. It sounds like you have worked hard for this victory! Keep it up!
  • Gabbyt28
    Gabbyt28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. :)
  • agreer2
    agreer2 Posts: 18
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • leanneb205
    Options
    Well done you! Thats amazing!
  • MrsQCarter
    Options
    That is amazing. I pray you reach your goal and I an trying to get inspired
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wow, thats an amazing accomplishment.
    Care to offer any details around how you were able to do it? I'm always interested in individual tricks of the trade :)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    That's a super achievement. You must be really proud of yourself, and I'll bet you feel fantastic. Congratulations! xx
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing and I would love to see pictures of the new you!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wow that is fantastic progress!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Incredible! How did you manage to lose that much weight that quickly?
  • sappho510
    sappho510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! You are definitely an inspiration to us all..
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Same question: How? lol I started at about 270, now down to 250 and trying to get to 155-160.
  • tigermorris
    Options
    Awesome job!! I would love to hear more about your success!
  • sallenandlayla
    sallenandlayla Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Keep up the good work
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    Thats Awesome... do u mind to share your workout routines............ I am looking to lose 33 lbs by Mid May!!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I lost 47 pounds from 2/1/12 till end of May 2012. I was 223 then. I had weight loss sleeve surgery on 6/11/12 and now weigh 144 and have lost 79 pounds post op for a total lost of 126 in about a year.

I know some say having WLS is taking the easy way out but unless they have gone through it they have no idea. I had to work to get team approval through my WLS group. They just don't operate on anyone that walks through the door. I had to quit drinking d pepsi or any carbonated beverages, decaf myself to only drinking decaf tea and coffee and also start drinking 80 oz of water a day. This helped me alot in loosing weight before surgery along with MFP and eating 1200 cals a day and walking 1-2 miles a day or more. Right after surgery isn't fun either. You struggle to drink 1 oz of liquid and you have to get 80 oz down a day and 80 grams of protein. Yes it was hard work but damn worth it as I have no more pain in my knees unless I really overdue it with exercise. Thank goodness I didn't have diabetes or high blood pressure due to my weight. I have been obese/fat all my life. I weighed almost 11 pounds when born, was a member of Weight Watchers before age 10 and have never been the correct weight for my age/height ever in my life. I have gained and lost and gained and lost all my life but never been successful to reach goal weight. I know WLS isn't a magic cure. It is another tool in my toolbox to help me loose the weight and keep it off for good this time, hopefully.

I now workout about 2 hours a day some at home and office and then at the gym. I had never even used a gym till I joined about a 1 1/2 weeks ago and I love it. I do treadmill, exercise bike and ellipitcal and then do the weight machines too. I do weights 3 days a week and cardio 5 days a week. I walk 2 miles at home at 5:30am and then walk another mile in about 20 minutes at work at lunch time too along with the gym time.

I am so thankful for MFP. It keeps me honest, informed about nutrients and I log everything I eat on here along with vitamins, liquids and exercise. It is a wonderful tool!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!