Thursdays... Ugh!

Options
Are Thursdays difficult for anyone else?

I looked back over my food diary and have been recalling my thoughts on those days. For some reason, I seem to do really poorly on Thursdays. I don't know if it's the stress from a long work week, or if it's anticipation of the weekend, or whatever. But on Thursdays I have difficulty controlling my eating and my thoughts about my body image seem to take a nosedive.

Does anyone experience anything similar?

Replies

• nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm only on week 2, but I sure can relate today!

I find that I generally hit my "wall" on Thursdays, and with it being the beginning to the weekend, I can see why a lot of people might struggle today.

Good luck....I just gave into my McD craving (dangit).....BUT....instead of a BigMac and a large fry like I might have had this time 2 weeks ago, I had a SMALL fry and only a 6-piece mcnuggets. Could've been worse, I guess....:frown:

Hang in there!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    yeah...thursdays are a really hard day for me too. I think its because we all do so well Mon-Wed that we then die on Thursday of ridiculous cravings...hang in there!
  • michelle_lichdean
    michelle_lichdean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Chicken Nuggets is one of the healthiest things you can get at McD's so well done.
    I always try to go for the happy meal with chicken nuggest, carrot sticks and juice, its all very low kcal.
    Then i watch my boyfriend eatting his big Mac and fries with a coke :(

It is nearly the weekend, i'm trying to be good as my friend has promised me cheesy pasta, wine and cheesecake at the weekend, not good!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I think its just this week...I have been feeling blah all week for some reason
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am hating Thursday right now!! I actually just posted something about how I gained a pound today, so I say BLAH to Thursday!!! LOL Oh well I guess we can't expect to have a great day 7 days a week right! Hang in there we are on the same page!
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily have the UGH with eating or gaining weight, but Thursday are generally a bad day for me feeling wise. I don't know why but this always seems to be the day that I could lay in bed and not talk to anyone or do anything and I would be fine. At least I'm not the only one with a Thursday issue. :-)
  • missjboone
    missjboone Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I get you, totally. I teach elementary school, and don't have any breaks on Thursday, from 7:20 to 3:30. makes for some LONNNGGGG days, and usually have to run fast for a bathroom break or to eat right, especially snacks! :yawn:
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Yes, I find that by Thursday, my organization is shot, the house is a mess, and I have had about enough of the work week. Eating right and sticking to the exercise routine gets a bit more challenging by the time Thursday arrives. I just try and keep it together knowing that the weekend is near. Hang in there everybody!
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i find that once i've identified a pattern, i better plan things.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    i find that once i've identified a pattern, i better plan things.

You are so right, knowing is half the battle! LOL

It's so nice to hear that I am not the only one who really struggles with Thursdays.

I find my emotions are just a little more on edge, too. For instance, today a woman came in and asked if I had just had a baby. I politely said no and walked into the other room where some of my co-workers were and told them what happened and almost started to cry. They were laughing, I didn't get it.

Apparently, I had spilled water on the front of my shirt and it happened to have strategically darkened the area around my nipple. The poor lady didn't think I looked chubby, she thought I was lactating. Ha!

Note to self: Get it together!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    today a woman came in and asked if I had just had a baby. I politely said no and walked into the other room where some of my co-workers were and told them what happened and almost started to cry. They were laughing, I didn't get it.

Totally understandable. If someone asked me if I just had a baby I would cry. Or even worse "When are you due?" OUCH!

"I'm due to punch you in the head in about 3...2...1..." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Remember everyone has several cycles that their body goes through....some you are very familiar with. But everyday, everyweek, everymonth, and everyyear your body has distinct rythms and patterns. The closer you follow and pay attention to your body, the more you'll notice. Some are of course easier to follow than others...normally the longer the time period, the more difficult to notice trends. Now that you know, you can focus on it and find a way to deal with it. Good luck.
  • littlesuzieq
    Options
    I think its just this week...I have been feeling blah all week for some reason

I hear ya talkin'!! Hopefully the weather will start cooperating for some nice outside activity and then the winter blahs will go away. I'm itching to get my bike out and put on some miles and smiles!!
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    lol your soo right! i swear you were right about burritos too! i just ordered chinese food! lol its ok cus i know i will make up for it tomorrow morning when i work out with my squad haha